Review by Zorken

"Stick to the consoles, EA, not handhelds..."

-Introduction-
While EA has never failed to amaze me with their console games, I feel that their attempts at handheld fun is not very credible - stick to CONSOLES. Like the GCN, Wii, PS2, etc. While the game can be fun to play and while the fact that I can take it with me where ever I go is great, I can't help but realize that handhelds are not this game's place; at least for the Nintendo DS, anyway.

-Gameplay-
Play as your favorite team or make your own franchise, this game has tons of play features, but still, tacky graphics. Note that I'm not saying that graphics make up a game's credibility; this one is an exception.

-Sound-
Nice sound and music, and the in-game sounds are relevant to realistic sounds. That's about all I can say for this. Again, nice music. Nothing sounds better than hearing a 254 pound man bash into a 215 pound man at high speed, watching his helmet fall off and then hitting the ground, causing an injury that lasts the WHOLE game and sometimes, the entire season.

-Challenge?-
As with most football/Madden games, it does hold a good challenge, depending on how you play it; the difficulty setting depicts the challenge. Such as, choosing a low-stats team to face off against a high-stats team on All-Madden is suicide.

-Buy or Rent?-
Don't buy it...unless you like it. Rent it first. Give it a shot.

-Conclusion-
This game could have been a lot better, provided the makers used better coding methods. Oh well, at least the game is still playable. I recommend trying it out before you buy it, if you can. It won't be a total loss if you can't rent or borrow it, I bought mine and it's okay, but the graphics really hurt this game. It makes me feel like I'm substituting for a game on the SNES or something. At least the information (including the character's names and such) is right.

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 03/19/07