Review by DarkieChan

"Could've Been Better"

When I first got interested in this game, it was in passing. I saw it being advertised on the TV's at Wal-Mart on my way in back to punch-in for work. I got interested, because on TV the graphics looked a lot better than they really are.

I'm a sci-fi/fantasy geek, so this game seemed right up my alley. However, after nearly 24 hours of game play, I'm a little disappointed. It seems that unless you're on a mission, you're really just repeating things.

I've spent most of the time excavating minerals to level up my Spectrobes. I think in some ways, even the Pokemon games are better than Spectrobes.

Graphics...they're alright, but I've seen better. Like with Rallen, when he's in battle, he's really off from what he usually looks like.

Sound effects...kinda crappy to tell the truth.

Controls....they're actually one of the better parts of the game.

Special effects...these I like. Spectrobes has some of the more detailed special effects out of all the games I've played/own. Especially with the combined CH attacks. Those are something else.

One thing I can say though, is that I like the fact that, unlike in Pokemon, the Spectrobes can be leveled up to higher than 100. Currently, my strongest Spectrobe is lvl. 105, and still getting leveled up. My second strongest is at 73, but only because I keep switching it out with other Spectrobes, just to see how useful they are in battle.

Some of my Spectrobes I just leave alone, because after I've used them, I find them useless. Some of them are just really hard to direct in their attacks. There's one I've tried that out of all the times I've used it, it's only managed to land a hit once. And it didn't even do much damage to the Krawl.

Overall, I can't say that this is one of the better games I've ever played. However, it's certainly not one of the worst either. Disney could've done a lot better in creating this game, but they also could've done a lot worse. Cudos to them.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 04/18/07