Review by mario_man13

""Hey Billy, lets have a hurricane hit our town! Wait... We can't in this version.""

In this review, I will talk to you about Gameplay, Graphics, Controls, Replay, and my overall score on the game. Let us begin.

Gameplay: In the SimCity franchise, you are the mayor. The main idea is to build a city by adding residental, commercial, and industrial areas. On top of that, you will need to provide power, water, and other essential things (such as schools, police, fire department, etc.) to your town. It might sound easy, but it can get very challenging. Especially in SimCity DS.

You will start the game by taking a personality quiz, seeing what advisor you will get paired up with. Unfortunately, you will see this advisor WAY too much. It also doesn't help that you probably already know about half the stuff he/she is telling you. Try not to let your advisor bug you too much.

After this, their are a few things you can do. Supposing you pick "Build a City" mode, you will be asked to name your city, and then give yourself a name (the mayors name). My ownly problem with this was that you could only have up to 7 letters for your town name. How unfortunate. After this, their will be a map. Run your cursor over a section and it will tell you the difficulty and the amount of starting money. This doesn't really make a difference though. You can bulldoze over water! Just pick an area with a high amount of starting money, because this game is difficult as it is.

Overall the gameplay is okay. It could have been a lot better, but it could have been worse yoo.

Score: 6

Graphics: The graphics in this game are so-so. While the taller buildings look very nice in this game, the smaller buildings look the same, and are not very appealing. Also, the colors are not vibrant. In fact, they are more dirty, muddy colors. This took back from the score, because the DS has plenty of potential for this games graphics, and I don't think EA did as much as they could.

Score: 6

Controls: I'll break this section up into two categories: Interface controls, and designing controls.

Interface Controls: The interface on this game is set up very nicely. Everything is easy to get to, and understandable. You simply click the button and go to that menu.

Interface score: 8

Designing Controls: A.K.A. the gameplay controls, the design controls in this game are far from perfect. You use your cursor to drag areas on the touch screen, which doesn't work as well as it should. If you are in a car ride, and you trying to lay down $500 worth of heavy residental, if the car hits a bump, that $500 might turn into $5000. Fortunately for you, though, the people at EA gave you a handy little button in the lower right that looks like an "X". This button lets you redo the last thing you just did. This is helpful, but it just wasn't enough to bring the score up a whole lot.

Designing score: 5

Score: 6

Replay: SimCity DS should give you weeks of fun gaming. I wouldn't be suprised if you miss some work because you are so involved on getting you population over one million. Replay is the best part of this game.

Score: 9

Overall Score: 7

SimCity has its flaws, but it is a pretty good installment to the SC franchise. I would recommend renting this one before you pick it up, especially if you have never played one of these games before.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 07/12/07