Question from imlanglois

What *exactly* happens with a class change?

I've read a bunch of the reviews, but I cannot get a read on *exactly* what changes when you change your class (I have not yet reached Alltrades Abbey... maybe everything becomes clear then, but I would like to know in advance).

I gather that you lose your "spells", but you keep the "abilities" and benefits you gained from your skill tree selections? Is this true? Do you keep both abilities *and* any bonuses (say, for example, if you unlocked 10+ deftness from a skill tree)?

Furthermore, what happens to your HP, MP, and attributes? Do they all drop back down? If so, that seems messed up, because it would effectively (if you changed the class of your main character) prevent you from progressing in the game, making you re-play old areas with appropriately leveled monsters, etc...

If anyone can fill me in on all the details of class change, I would appreciate it. The reviews have done me no good.

Azn_Playah answered:

You keep all abilities so you're correct in your assumption that you keep stat bonuses like deftness. Your hp/mp are based on level 1 and you do have to backtrack a bit if you do convert everyone back to level 1 at the same time. The point is that you can level them up a little bit faster each time since you have better equipment than the first time you were there. You also gain skill points again in your new classes at the same levels as before so you can quickly get more skill points by leveling up each class from level 1 to 5+.
0 0

Answers

Art_iz_a_bang answered:

Well what happens when you change your class (Or Vocation) Is yes you start back to Level 1 and Spells HP MP and Attributes Reset. BUT you can change back to your Original Class and your HP MP spells and attributes Restored!
PS. Some Abilities that are learned for weapons like Dragon slash (Sword) can't be used unless you use that same Weapon.
0 0