Question from superfang7

How do I finish quest 109 (elementary training)?

I don't get how you're suppose to kill metal slime with wizard ward.

DavarGrey answered:

You don't, the challenge is to have a character set up a wizard ward (which has no real purpose when trying to kill the metal slime), then be the one to kill the metal slime. My advice: have a character that's learned wizard ward as a mage become a thief. Thieves have better agility, deftness (helps to get a surprise attack on the metal slime giving you a free turn to set up) and max mp than the other sword wielding classes. After leveling a bit you'll be able to strike before the metal slime, with metal slash learned from the sword skill, assuming you've wounded it two or three hp first. Takes an insane amount of patience.
2 0

Answers

Solmancer answered:

In addition, you can equip a Knife-using character with a Poison Needle (likely the Mage).

Why? Poison Needles ALWAYS hit for 1 damage or a kill, unless the enemy dodges. They are a guaranteed 1 point or kill against a metal creature. You don't have to use Metal Slash.
1 0

Greyfauxx answered:

Another decent method is having a Monk use multifist, he'll hit for 3 times each turn, also having your whole team able to use wizard ward helps. You can find the Slime in the Quarintomb west of coffinwell... I made the mistake of killing metal slime knights XD
0 0