How do I beat the plague monster in coffinwell?

1. What levels should I be at and what classes?...I am at levels 14 and 15 and I am still getting beat

User Info: xoladykittenox

xoladykittenox - 6 years ago

1. -make 3 other party characters (one being a PRIEST)
    -lvl them to anywhere past about 13
    -get to the Ragin' Contagion
    -press the A button till he dies, and add a few heals here or there
    -this last step was unncessary, i just put it here because this boss is quite easy

User Info: JRftw

JRftw - 6 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. I believe when i beat it i had 3 characters, the main Minstrel, a Mage, and a Martial Artist. I think my levels were about 15-14-12. So you could get another member of your team and do it, or you could go buy a bunch of Medical Herbs and alchimise them into Special Medicine.(which heals 90hp ea) One Special Medicine only costs 4 Medical Herbs i think, so that's 16 Gold.

User Info: 2L84U_Ninja

2L84U_Ninja - 6 years ago 1 0
  2. I beat him using a Minstrel, a warrior, a thief and another warrior. I leveled up a lot first and he wasn't hard to beat any way if u are at a decent level.

User Info: jennifermbug

jennifermbug - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. I used my abilities and traits to beat him and was around the same level as you are. use your weaker players to heal your stronger ones and just keep pounding him.

User Info: jennifermbug

jennifermbug - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. Have you considered sucking less?

Just kidding. There's no real trick to it: make yourself a balanced 4-member party with at least one dedicated healer and go for it. If you die, level up a little and buy the best available equipment and then try again. The best way to level in that area is to wander around the dungeon that the Ragin' Contagion is found in, avoiding all enemies except metal slimes. (Having at least one Sword-user with Metal Slash helps kill the little buggers before they flee.) They give crazy experience, you can boost a Level 1 character to twelve or thirteen in only a couple fights that way.

User Info: MyndHed

MyndHed - 6 years ago 2 0
  5. Okay you dont need a priest at all i beat the whole game with no priest. so what you should do is just lvl like heck
    my lvls were 22/23ish when i beat him.

User Info: redchain777

redchain777 - 6 years ago 0 0
  6. I've beaten the game twice with very unorthodox teams. Even "bad" setups can beat the game.

Go to Coffinwell and make sure you have the best equipment you can get. You can also kill metal slimes in the Contagion's dungeon, but lv14-15 should be able to beat him if you heal and use good equipment.

User Info: WildWesley

WildWesley (Expert) - 6 years ago 1 0
  7. If you are a swords man, keep attacking or using falcon slash (if u can), or you can invest points into your vocation special skill (Lithe, Guts, etc.)

User Info: marsofthefire

marsofthefire - 6 years ago 0 1
  8. go metal slime hunting
    killing 'bout 5 or 6 should do the trick
    HAPPY HUNTING!!!!!

User Info: nivek96

nivek96 - 6 years ago 1 0
  9. Yeah, like nivek said, go looking for metal slimes

User Info: LibroAmigo

LibroAmigo - 5 years ago 0 1
  10. If you have a mate with DQ9, play the boss in MULTIPLAYER.My mate Ben was stuffed on the 'Contagen, so I jumped into help!We killed the pink thing in 3 TURNS because I was a lvl 42 paladin with 100 skill points on spear skill.Sorry. If you don't know anyone else who has the game, run about the Quatertomb a bit until you see a slime made of metal.If you are at that point in the game, metal slimes give crazy exp.4000. If your party members are the same lvl, that's about 1000 exp each. 3 metal slimes=3000 exp each.Ace. The contagen is pretty easy; well, I did it in multiplayer with my best best friend Ella.Just keep doing heal, and midheal if you have it.Spear users do cattle prod ,for sword use dragon slash, and if you have claws use propeller blade or can opener. Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info: rh3ia

rh3ia (Expert) - 5 years ago 0 0