Question from DavarGrey

How do I solve quest #071 Staunch The Stench?

I've been sailing back and forth due north of Gleeba bashing on monsters for awhile but no luck. Am I missing something or just is it just really rare?

DavarGrey provided additional details:

That'd be odd... more to the point though does the Stenchurion you're supposed to kill only appear in that little strip of water north of Gleeba or should I just keep using Deliverance on the Stenchurions in the Gittish empire?

DavarGrey provided additional details:

Ok... this is weird. I found the Stentchurion with the mirror while sailing around Hemenway Island (south of swinedimples) which doesn't fit the quest description at all. Will leave this open for a bit in case anyone can make sense of it.

AzureLivesOn answered:

Wait, 1/128 a stenchurion will appear or 1/128 it will drop the mirror?

If it's the latter, that's obscene considering his appearance rarity is terrible.

This staff had better auto-heal, raise dead party members, and make my DSi make delicious waffles for this effort.
2 0

Answers

Neku_Phones answered:

It is just really rare. 1/128 times a stenchurion will drop it. So just keep fighting. The deliverance ability helps because it hurts zombies more.
0 0

LordGeovanni answered:

The area you are talking about, above Gleeba, is part of an area called Ocean 2. You just found another area of the Ocean 2 monster chart. The 4 different Ocean areas carry different monsters to fight. Just like in DQVIII when you have to fight a sea dragon to charge up the Sun Mirror, you are told to go one place to find it but you just have to go into that Ocean Zone. I found a map of the oceans in the Strategy Guide so I know what I am talking about. I will try to make a map or scan it to have a map in the Guide section.
1 0

mrlzmcg answered:

I don't know the rates, but stenchurions do in fact appear in that strip above Gleeba.
I was getting pretty fed up with looking as well, but after probably 40 battles one finally appeared.
The exact spot for me was very slightly west of the shore directly north of the town.
Just don't give up and you'll get it.
1 0

Leyuki answered:

Just use whistle in the world map on the sea above gleeba, i find that stenchurion around 30-40 battles. only 1 from all that battles but luckily that mirror did drop in the 1st try ^^
0 0

Neku_Phones answered:

Well, any stenchurion has a chance of dropping the mirror. There's not just one stenchurion out there with the mirror.
0 1

0DragonWarrior0 answered:

If you have a Warrior with Whistle ability and ranger with mercy ability, It is quite easy to obtain the mirror.
0 0

StellaRella answered:

You need to sail north of gleeba, that line of water or somewhere near gleeba. I finally found one and completed the quest.
0 0

StellaRella answered:

Basically around the north of gleeba island (the water around it.)
0 0

mordsithdee answered:

Yea, I just got this...kept casting Whitle while in that little strip of water N of Gleeba (S of Hernway) and eventually a Stencuron showed up and the mirror droped.
0 0

killorkath999 answered:

Hey Guys who Knows where to find some special medicine
0 0

killorkath999 answered:

oh yeh and i also need some Magic water.
0 0

killorkath999 answered:

ok guys i have found magic water.

For magic water you need to go to Dourbridge and go to the item shop and they sell magic water.
0 0

kchilds1 answered:

I literally have sailed around the map a billion times and I haven't even found one stenchurion, I sailed in both places, what am I doing wrong?
0 0

Bathingsuits answered:

killorkath999 you can also make it in alchemy! Alchemy really helps me out sometimes, you should really use it ^^
0 1

How do you pass quest #71 Staunch the stench? Answered SneekyRatchet
How do I solve Quest 41: Slimon's Quest? Answered nWoWhammy
How do I solve Quest 138? Answered grenmus
How do I solve quest 147? Answered hagod
How do I solve (quest no. 1)? Answered pasuruan