How do I solve quest #071 Staunch The Stench?

1. I've been sailing back and forth due north of Gleeba bashing on monsters for awhile but no luck. Am I missing something or just is it just really rare?

User Info: DavarGrey

DavarGrey - 6 years ago
    That'd be odd... more to the point though does the Stenchurion you're supposed to kill only appear in that little strip of water north of Gleeba or should I just keep using Deliverance on the Stenchurions in the Gittish empire?

User Info: DavarGrey

DavarGrey - 6 years ago
    Ok... this is weird. I found the Stentchurion with the mirror while sailing around Hemenway Island (south of swinedimples) which doesn't fit the quest description at all. Will leave this open for a bit in case anyone can make sense of it.

User Info: DavarGrey

DavarGrey - 6 years ago

1. Wait, 1/128 a stenchurion will appear or 1/128 it will drop the mirror?

If it's the latter, that's obscene considering his appearance rarity is terrible.

This staff had better auto-heal, raise dead party members, and make my DSi make delicious waffles for this effort.

User Info: AzureLivesOn

AzureLivesOn (Expert) - 6 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. It is just really rare. 1/128 times a stenchurion will drop it. So just keep fighting. The deliverance ability helps because it hurts zombies more.

User Info: Neku_Phones

Neku_Phones - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. The area you are talking about, above Gleeba, is part of an area called Ocean 2. You just found another area of the Ocean 2 monster chart. The 4 different Ocean areas carry different monsters to fight. Just like in DQVIII when you have to fight a sea dragon to charge up the Sun Mirror, you are told to go one place to find it but you just have to go into that Ocean Zone. I found a map of the oceans in the Strategy Guide so I know what I am talking about. I will try to make a map or scan it to have a map in the Guide section.

User Info: LordGeovanni

LordGeovanni - 6 years ago 1 0
  3. I don't know the rates, but stenchurions do in fact appear in that strip above Gleeba.
    I was getting pretty fed up with looking as well, but after probably 40 battles one finally appeared.
    The exact spot for me was very slightly west of the shore directly north of the town.
    Just don't give up and you'll get it.

User Info: mrlzmcg

mrlzmcg - 6 years ago 1 0
  4. Just use whistle in the world map on the sea above gleeba, i find that stenchurion around 30-40 battles. only 1 from all that battles but luckily that mirror did drop in the 1st try ^^

User Info: Leyuki

Leyuki - 6 years ago 0 0
  5. Well, any stenchurion has a chance of dropping the mirror. There's not just one stenchurion out there with the mirror.

User Info: Neku_Phones

Neku_Phones - 6 years ago 0 1
  6. If you have a Warrior with Whistle ability and ranger with mercy ability, It is quite easy to obtain the mirror.

User Info: 0DragonWarrior0

0DragonWarrior0 - 6 years ago 0 0
  7. You need to sail north of gleeba, that line of water or somewhere near gleeba. I finally found one and completed the quest.

User Info: StellaRella

StellaRella - 6 years ago 0 0
  8. Basically around the north of gleeba island (the water around it.)

User Info: StellaRella

StellaRella - 6 years ago 0 0
  9. Yea, I just got this...kept casting Whitle while in that little strip of water N of Gleeba (S of Hernway) and eventually a Stencuron showed up and the mirror droped.

User Info: mordsithdee

mordsithdee (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0
  10. Hey Guys who Knows where to find some special medicine

User Info: killorkath999

killorkath999 - 6 years ago 0 0
  11. oh yeh and i also need some Magic water.

User Info: killorkath999

killorkath999 - 6 years ago 0 0
  12. ok guys i have found magic water.

For magic water you need to go to Dourbridge and go to the item shop and they sell magic water.

User Info: killorkath999

killorkath999 - 6 years ago 0 0
  13. I literally have sailed around the map a billion times and I haven't even found one stenchurion, I sailed in both places, what am I doing wrong?

User Info: kchilds1

kchilds1 - 6 years ago 0 0
  14. killorkath999 you can also make it in alchemy! Alchemy really helps me out sometimes, you should really use it ^^

User Info: Bathingsuits

Bathingsuits - 6 years ago 0 1