Question from Shinjiken

Using Pincushion?

OK. I'm fighting infernal armors and trying to beat them with pincushion for a level 15 paladin quest but I keep using every turn and it won't do any damage when they hit me. I always go second so am I supposed to go first?

DavarGrey answered:

Just finished this one.... requires much patience. First, changed the character to be using pincushion to a lower level class (I went all the way to a level 1 mage) then, equip it with nothing at all. I had one character wound the armors for around 80 damage, while another kept healing the one using pincushion. Used whistle to keep the armors focused on the pincushion and just kept waiting them out till they killed themselves on it.
1 0

AzureLivesOn answered:

Like alot of armors and equipment that has similar effects like Pincushion, the effect is not 100% every time. In fact, its rarity of usage is around 50%. Your easiest bet is to use attacks that restrain the damage dealt (ie. Helm Splitter, which deals less damage because it has an additional effect than normal attacking) to weaken them, activate Pincushion, and Defend every turn.

It's long and arduous, but honestly most of these job quests are. Especially when the requirements (gaining tension to 100, Sapping a tigertaur's defense -2 levels) are not 100% guaranteed everytime.
0 0

Hail_Il_Palazzo answered:

I had a similar problem. Pincushion only seems to reflect damage if you take a certain amount of damage. If the infernal armor is not dealing at least 4 to 5 points of damage to you, Pincushion will not reflect any of it. It doesn't matter if you act after the enemy, as pincushion still works. Just remove some of your armor (I took off my shield as well so I didn't have to worry about blocking their attacks, which also doesn't allow pincushion to work) and you should be fine.
1 0

DQ9 DLC Hack Help (What Tech Do I Need?) Unanswered pixelpalindrome
Is there any point to having more than 3 followers? Open Dartpaw86
Do I have good Vocations? Open LyliTheMinstrel
What now...? Open Nster90
What team would be more effective vs legacies? Open Nster90