Is it possible to become a Sage using the Cautery Sword?

1. Since the Cautery Sword can be used to throw around fire, could it be used instead of Frizz? My reason being that I don't have a Mage that can survive a fight with a Great Troll, much less kill of 5 of them with a low-level skill like Frizz. So am I stuck grinding my Mage up to a decent level, or can I substitute with the Cautery Sword?

User Info: pyromite

pyromite - 6 years ago

1. For that quest, you must use the spell frizz. I recomend getting it to a low hp, giving the mage a good amount of tension and letting the mage use focus pocus in the meantime to greatly increase magical might. Use snooze if you have a priest or sage so you can have the time needed. Just keep healing/rezing ur mage til you can do it.

User Info: headquincey

headquincey (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0

1. Also Warriors whipping boy skill.

User Info: theverbisalie

theverbisalie - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. Easiest way to do this quest, I had my two attackers about level 40 attack him for the first turn. My Mage did beezlefreeze which is an ability you learn with wand that paralyzes demons and my priest defended. 2nd turn i had my two attackers attack once more. (If you do too much damage he will die early.) My mage defended or used beezlefreeze if it did not succeed. Priest healed if needed or defended. 3rd turn, defended with main attacker and my paladin, or you can use warrior, used whipping boy on my mage while he casted Frizz. Then priest defended.
    Repeat as neccessary.

User Info: Crazed_kid

Crazed_kid (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0