Question from cde233

Toxic Dagger/Victimiser?

I'm debating on going with axes or knives, so I was wondering if Toxic Dagger and the +damage skills when enemies have status effects are worth more than say, Helm Splitter/Parallax/etc.?

I'm not far enough into the game to worry about the ultimate weapons by far, just curious as to which would be more useful.

cde233 provided additional details:

Also, does Toxic Dagger work on things like bosses?

cde233 provided additional details:

Thanks. :)

headquincey answered:

Toxic dagger works on some bosses, but all in all, it is relatively worthless. Daggers have low attack and their abilities rely on status effects to do damage, which is very annoying when u only have a low chance of envominating etc. with dagger moves. AXes are stronger+ you get axe man, a move that gives you a much higher chance to crit, this move is wonderful for grinding on slimes. Overall, go with axes.
1 0

Answers

TGSnowwy answered:

I don't have experience with the daggers, but in my experience status effects (against enemies) are unreliable.

Axes on the other hand are the only weapons besides spears that are great for hunting advanced metal slimes for leveling, and they have skills that do damage while potentially lowering the enemy's defense. The group attack you can get might be decent too; we'll see.

Given the choice between low damage with a small chance of a status effect and high damage with some chance of lowering defense, I'll take the second option, but it's up to you. Having never used daggers beyond the Ranger quest, I may be underestimating them.
1 0