Question from LetoAtreidesll

Can you miss the "Ultimate Key"?

I know it's after defeating the boss in the "Gortress" however, what I don't know is whether the key can be missed during the course of the game. I've gotten all seven fyggs, and I'm not really sure if I should return to the observatory, or if the Gortress has to be done somewhere in the Protectorate beforehand if I want the chests in the Observatory. Oh, and no spoilers please. Thank you.

LetoAtreidesll provided additional details:

I decided that I'd merely save before returning to the Observatory, and not save again (no matter what treasures I might be rewarded) until I found out. So, as it turns out, you cannot miss it. (Though perhaps maybe you can if you have an IQ of negative numerage...) It would appear as though you must have it to complete a part of the story, and there will be no going forward until you have it. Which of course, makes me wonder if, after all, you do not need the other two keys at all, and can merely wait until you have the Ultimate Key, but that is a question for another day. I'm going to leave this question open until I can confirm that all will get the key no matter their IQ level, but rest assured, even if it is overlookable by the undeniably unintellectual, so long as you read what you are given within the Gortress, you will know the location of the key.

Crazed_kid answered:

You can't open the chests without the thief's key and you cannot open the magic doors without the magic key. So even if you have the ultimate key, which by the way you have to get for the story, you cannot open the doors or chests without the other two keys.
0 0

Answers

shindark answered:

No, plot can't proceed without the key.
0 0

popatmajor answered:

You need the ultimate key to proceed with the plot.
0 0