Question from harvest117

Half-Inch success rate?

I'm going through the quests and many of them require alchemy. The problem is, the reagents don't respawn as fast as I'd like and I resort to hunting monsters for materials. Are there any factors that increase the success of the 'Half-Inch' ability?

Thanks for the replies, you were both helpful but I decided to close the question by accepting the first answer. Now to find the accessory...

From: headquincey 4 years ago

Factors that increase steal chance are the following:
Higher deftness and the Thief revocation accessory doubles you overall chance. If you want to steal, ranger would be best considering it has the highest deftness at lvl99.

I've always assumed the Half-Inch success rate is proportional to the success rate of dropping the item after battle. I'm sure deftness plays a good role, plus the Honor Among Thieves accessory for revocating a thief certainly helps, but as far as I know it's all proportional to the actual drop rate of the item.