Thief's ability - nose of treasure, pitfall, etc does not work in grotto????

1. I'm glad that i have one of my character has leveled up to learn the thief's abilities so it would be useful when finding treasures. But the problem is it does not do anything in grotto. For example I used nose of treasure but i get this: '.....has the nose of treasure but nothing happens' , even if there is a blue treasure chest nearby but still does not work. The other ability to mark out the treasure chest on the map does not work as well. Though it sorts of work in the boss floor but obviously it has no treasures around as stated. But I found it a really shame that the skills don't work in grottos as they do have lot treasures to track and i might have missed out when i found the stairs before hand.

User Info: StellaRella

StellaRella - 6 years ago

1. The only skill that "works" in the grotto is Treasure Eye Land which immediately points out where the stairs to the next floor are. I think the other skills were only programmed to point out the pre-set chests in story dungeons and weren't meant/able to point out the "random" distribution of chests in grottoes.

User Info: Azn_Playah

Azn_Playah (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0

1. Ultimately, thieves are useful only for their stealing ability. I explored every square inch of every dungeon in the game (except for grottoes) and uncovered every chest without having to resort to my thief's abilities. And in the grottoes, practically everything is randomized making the thief's ability to pinpoint treasures useful only if you want to beat a quick path to the boss.

User Info: pyromite

pyromite (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0