Question from oneyoshi79

What skills should I give points to for my priest?

I've been mostly giving them to Faith when leveling them up, should I give them to a weapon or shield skills as well? Are there any particular spells that are particularily useful for the priest that I can get for her via weapon skills, and if so, which ones?

From: pyromite 4 years ago

Sinking points into Wands and Shields are a good investment for Priests. Since your Priest is only useful when they have MP, Wands regenerate MP mid-battle with just a normal attack or, as stated previously, at the end of the turn if you have enough points. Shields are also good because you can boost the odds of blocking and avoiding damage. A real bonus if you consider a living Priest better than a cold corpse of one.

As long as we're on the topic of shields for Priests, go with the Ethereal Shield. It's geared specifically for magic users and boosts magical mending and might. To get it, you need to alchemize one Magic Shield (bought from Gleeba) with an Enchanted Stone (alchemize two Thunderballs, two Ice Crystals, and one Mystifying Mixture), then alchemize that Enchanted Shield with an Ethereal Stone (alchemized with an Enchanted Stone, two Narspicious, and a Perfect Panacea (which itself is made from a Panacea, an Angel Bell, and a Wakerobin)).

For priests, i generally go the route of Wands. They offer bonuses to total MP and when your high enough, automatic MP recovery per turn in battle.