How do I back up my DQ9 DS save game data?

1. I have been wondering brutally about this, I get mixed answers... some people say to use AR, hacking, or such ... but I have no clue and I am not into technical things. The PSP is so much more simple in saving your save data to your computer, but this... is certainly not. Help?

User Info: MonarchPaulos

MonarchPaulos - 6 years ago
    I'm not sure how to respond to submitted answers, but I am doing so to Pyromite right now- I tried the SD Card route and it does not give me access to the DS card itself's memory and save game area. :(

User Info: MonarchPaulos

MonarchPaulos - 6 years ago

1. There is a way. What you'll need is an NDS Adapter Plus.

www.hkems.com/product/nintendo/0907.htm

This is a dongle which you stick your DS/3DS game card into. The dongle can then be plugged into the USB slot of any PC, allowing you unrestricted access to copy, back up and restore your game's save data. This device is proving popular at the moment, as it's being used by a lot of people to delete Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D saved games - but it should function with any DS/3DS title.

User Info: pobatti

pobatti - 3 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Get an SD card. It can store data for your DS. I know that it stores downloaded games and pictures, but I'm not really certain myself if they can back-up a saved game.

User Info: pyromite

pyromite (Expert) - 6 years ago 1 0
  2. Unfortunately, without hacking, there is no way. The game is saved directly to the cartridge, and does not have an export option.

User Info: dunno001

dunno001 (Expert) - 6 years ago 1 0
  3. If you have an R4 or other flashcart, just make a copy of your .SAV.
    If you're using a real Dragon Quest IX game card, I don't think you can.

User Info: annihilator127

annihilator127 - 5 years ago 1 0