Question from robotrigger

Any reason to max out more than one weapon skill?

I was just wondering if there was any reason to do this (eg put in 100 points into Axe skill and then 100 points into Knives) other than having the option to switch around and use the different weapon skills. Do maxed out weapons skills effect each other in any way or is it just a waste of points?

pyromite answered:

There is no real interchange between weapons, like you can't use a boomerang skill while you have a sword equipped. Every weapon has it's own advantage and disadvantage, but there's no real physical perk to maxing two weapons.

As for skill points, there is no such thing as a waste of skill points. There are more skill points available to you through the whole game than you will ever be able to use, and that's without using any seeds. If you really don't know what weapons to invest in, go with shields and class abilities first and foremost. You can always use a shield, and class abilities carry over no matter what.
2 0

Answers

Crazed_kid answered:

You can use the weapons for different things in the game. For my gladiator, I use Swords for boss battles, Axes for the axes of evil ability to take out multiple enemies and metal slime hunting. There are good combos of weapons to use throughout your party and it is useful to max out all weapons so that you can maximize your chances for anything. Like metal slime hunting, multiple enemy defeating, boss battles, or even Defensive parties.
0 0

Pokegirl answered:

Some specific quests require maxed out weapon skills to do. Therefore, if you're aiming for 100% Complete, at some point you will have to max out several weapon skills.
0 0

jujubeeza answered:

Versatility is never a bad thing.

For metal king slimes and platinum king jewels, killing them is very difficult without spear and axe. Thunder thrust and hatchet man are amazing. Miss often, but critical when you do hit.

Having 100 Knives doesn't help when wielding any other weapon.

Maxing out two weapon skills IS a waste of skill points if you haven't maxed out class ability sets. Virtue is a must. Get courage to 90. Guts to 82. Maybe focus and acquisitiveness to 42 each. Yes you get in essence unlimited skill points, but the time it takes to get them isn't a laughing matter. Around level 60 or so, you only get 2 skill points every two levels all the way to 99. Yes, you can get 12 classes worth of skill points.

In the end, it's about how versatile you want to be, how far you are in the game, and how much you're willing to grind for the points. I'm post-game, so I just want to level fast. I originally used sword/claws/wand/bow, and now I'm using spear/spear/spear/spear. Fun stuff.
0 0