Question from superman12omz

How do I beat (baramos any help)?

My levels are
paladen 55
mage 53
martal artist 63
priest 60
but he still slaters me every time even if i have the altomet moves from the academy any hints?

WildWesley asked for clarification::

Have you been harvesting skill points from other vocations?

jujubeeza answered:

Baramos is weak to ice. Ice fource on your martial artist will increase your base attack by around 50%, and decrease damage taken from ice attacks by 50% (though you won't get hit by an ice attack with a level 1 baramos).

Open with ice fource on your martial artist, kabuff with paladin, insulate with priest, and accelerate with mage.
After that, priest should more or less multiheal or moreheal every turn.
Double up with fighter on turn 2 or have mage cast oomph on fighter on turn 2 and have fighter attack. Fighter now does double damage relative to base damage.

If you have the luminary's eyes on me, use that with the paladin if your party is dying. I think selflessness or forbearance do similar things. Not sure.

Notes:

1. Because you don't have a sage, you can't get kazing. Means you should pay crazy attention to make sure nobody dies, because you'll lose your priest's healing every turn if you have to try to revive.
2. Get the shield scroll and give to priest. Baramos criticals way too often, and you can't afford to have the priest die.
3. It is a great idea to get the armamentalist scroll (casting a fource ability once will put it on entire party).
4. Try to get virtue (paladin ability set) to 100, guts (gladiator ability set) to 82, and courage (warrior ability set) to 90 for every character. This adds at least 150 hp and 100 defense.

Good luck. I don't recommend tensing up the martial artist, only because the damage isn't amazing unless you get tension to 100, and going from 50 to 100 fails half the time. If you do go this route, make sure you attack only when tension is 100, and you have both ice fource and oomph/double up on the martial artist.
2 0

Answers

OpticNeo answered:

Try to have lots of yraiagels dials or leaves, and if that doesn't work, try finding a grotto with lots of metal king slimes
0 1

Pokegirl answered:

Hm...do you have enough saved skill points to get Magic Mirror (and omnivocational shieldmaster for your Martial Artist, since you'll have to change classes) on all your characters? If you do, get it, and it becomes much easier to beat him (until he learns Disruptive Wave, but you won't have to worry yet). Also, have your priest use Insulatle a couple of times. And, if you have the Egg On ability from being a Minstrel I believe (the guide doesn't say, sorry), and Psyche Up on your Martial Artist, you can increase the Martial Artist's tension to the max quickly and then pound him.
1 1

antny1 answered:

My main way, i.e. the skills i use repeatedly, to defeat him is by having a sage and a vocation with high agility (not MA as mp is too low, naturally). my sage has channel anger from mage and maxed enlightenment. use the other vocation to cast twocus pocus on the age and the sage use channel anger (my sage id lv 99 btw). next turn, have the sage use kazammle, this should stack and overall deal at least 1000 damage. my other two allies are priest (obv for healing abilities) and paladin for selflessness to minimize deaths (maybe use forbearance when at lv 99)
0 1

fOrMerjourno answered:

I have been defeating Baramos in less than 10 turns. I currently have a Lv 46 Gladiator, a Lv 96 Sage, a Lv 86 Paladin and a Lv 62 Mage. You don't necessarily need to have your characters at levels such as mine, but this is what I would consider "must haves" for the fight against Baramos:

1- High agility rates. All your characters should have agility rates of at least 200, to make sure they always act before Baramos.
2- All your characters should have "Magic Mirror". This is a skill from building up the Shield ability. This is a must because you can then reflect his "Kaboom". Your mage also learns "Bounce", which accomplishes the same thing.
3- Because you have a priest, level him up to 65 so he learns "Omniheal". Because you don't have a sage (and thus, the Kazing spell), it's very important that your priest keeps your party's health levels optimum because of Baramos' critical hits.
4- Put the "Twocus Pocus" ability on your priest. That way he can cast Kabuff or Insultatle twice per turn.
5- Your party should have "Oomph". You have a mage, so make sure sure s/he knows it.
6- I've equipped my gladiator and my paladin with a falcon sword. That way when I attack, it hits twice. When I attack Baramos, I have that attacker's tension at 100, Oomph enabled, and I use "Falcon Sword" ability. I am hitting Baramos four times at 1000 hit points a hit.
7- If you worked up your Shield ability, the Immense Defence ability is pretty great. I have found it tends to block a lot of Baramos' critical hits.
8- Because you don't have a sage with Kazing, have at least one Yggdrasil leaf handy. Give it to to someone other than your priest.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
1 0

How do I beat (Baramos lv.1)? Answered bobbobbob111
How do I beat (Baramos)? Answered epb45
How do I beat Baramos? Answered Theultranerd
Baramos or should I? Answered Theultranerd
Baramos? Answered epb45