Question from chobitstar

is the wand MP absorption % rate not being added?

I've maxed my wand skills but it seems like the MP absorption rate is not being added to my wands.

chobitstar provided additional details:

Tried your method and still no 6% difference. In other games does the difference appear?

Answers

antny1 answered:

Try equipping the wands to another character who hasn't maxed <<wand skill>>, then equip the same to the character that has. The difference should be 6%. Unless, you mean it doesn't seem to be absorbing much, if so try fighting monsters who use magic and you should notice a difference. I believe it absorbs x% of the monsters max mp and that the percentage absorbed can range slighty, it won't be the same each time.
0 0

baratron answered:

You're right. I have here two characters: Blue, level 11 Priest, Wand Skill 0; and Silver, level 32 Gladiator, Wand Skill 100 (so Omnivocational).

When Blue equips a wand, the MP Absorption Rates are:
Stolos staff - 2.5%
Tsunami staff - 5.5%
Lightning staff - 3.5%
Lightning conductor - 4.5%
Magma staff - 4.0%
Faerie staff - 1.0%
Brouhaha boomstick - 7.0%
Hieroglyph staff - 7.5%

Those numbers are exactly the same for Silver - and indeed, the same for Red, level 41 Priest, Wand Skill 84. So it must be that the MP Absorption Boost isn't visible in their stats, for some reason.

Now, that *isn't* the case for shields. The same shield (Empowered Shield) appears as 8.5% blocking efficiency for Blue, and 10.5% for my hero character and Red. I don't know why MP Absorption would be different.
0 0

antny1 answered:

I should really pay more attention to my game. It must be a hidden stat then, because the difference doesn't appear on mine, sorry.
0 0

Magic Absorption Rate? Open Q_Mulative
Knife and wand? Open epb45
Can the last 6 vocations be added to Patty's Party Planner? Answered Uche12345
Rate team? Open DragooN_25
How to increase the drop rate of monsters? Answered gettingeducated