Question from dunno001

Quest 129: Needing a silver grotto?

I was wondering if there was anything that could be done to have the game give increased odds of generating a map with the silver prefix to satisfy this quest? I've been clearing grotto after grotto, and seen probably every mineral in the game except silver. Even the platinum maps are starting to get annoying...

dunno001 provided additional details:

What level would you call mid-level, then? I'm sticking mainly to dungeons in the 20s and 30s; I don't think that should be too high for silver?

VulpesMundi answered:

Unfortunately, no. It's completely random what 'terrain' type you'll get. The only surefire way to get a map you want is to tag someone carrying said map. If you have the capability, considering trying to get ahold of people in your area and, if they're nice enough, they may be willing to meet you in a public place to pass that map (and maybe more) to you. Otherwise you're just going to have to be patient and keep trying. Good journey.
0 0

Answers

vozome answered:

if that can help, I got my first silver map after beating 78 grottos. fortunately, others have been luckier.

the material may be random, but silver grottos tend to be middle-level. so, if your main character has a strong vocation, it's no use to beat your hardest grotto over and over again (especially if you are overshooting your target, getting gold, platinum, etc.); you'd rather simply do a quick lvl 1 grotto which will take you 5 minutes instead.
0 0