Question from Lord_Nuruhuine

Are there Revocation Limits?

Can I revocate my party members (Hero and buddies) as many times as I want, or is there a cap anywhere? I think I read somewhere there's a cap of 10 times for the Hero, but I need to know the trrruuuuuuth!

Lord_Nuruhuine provided additional details:

And is it only your "Hero" whose revocating effects the grotto stuff? And exactly HOW does it effect the grottos? I've never been even remotely clear on that :(

baratron answered:

It is indeed only the hero whose revocations count.

From www.woodus.com/den/games/dq9ds/grotto_names.php
---------------------------------------------------------
The quality of a new map is based on the hero's level and the level of the grotto you just completed. The basic formula is in fact as follows:

New Quality = Hero's Maximum Vocation Level + 5 * Hero's Maximum Revocation + Level of Previous Grotto

Only the hero's levels count (the rest of your party doesn't), and only your maximum levels/revocation count. So if you're currently an L1 Luminary, but you have L50 in Minstrel, then you count as an L50 character. And if you've used revocation on your Warrior class twice, but your Gladiator class three times, then you count as having used revocation only three times for the purposes of grottos. Note that you can only use revocation on a single class a maximum of 10 times.
------------------------------------------------------------

There's a Grotto predictor tool here: www.woodus.com/den/games/dq9ds/dq9_grotto.html
0 0

Answers

antny1 answered:

The limit is 10 each vocation, you can revocate your main character 120 times; 10 times in each vocation. However, this would be pointless, because only the highest amount of revocations go towards grotto maps and after revocating ten times in one vocation (assuming you have experience in other vocations) you'll already have all the skill sets. My mc has revocated five times (not in one class) and has experience levels of about 20 in other vocations, and they have all the vocational skills sets and some weapons too at max.
2 0

Revocation? Answered jokene98
?Revocation help. Answered starbokz
Revocation Medals? Answered epb45
Question about revocation? Open firestarter16
Revocation Trinkets? Answered woodenjigsaw