How do I activate quest 42?

1. So I've finished DQIX, got lots of high level grottos and am working through quests, but the guy outside stornway church still doesn't have the quest! I have a water grotto with bling badgers, so I CAN do the quest... is there a prerequisite not listed in the quest FAQ?

User Info: bezlaskez

bezlaskez - 6 years ago

1. You have to have 47 completed first... I think you also have to have completed at least one water grotto but I'm not sure about that.

User Info: yab

yab (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0

1. Have you finnished the story? This quest is a post-game quest

User Info: dragonsakura22

dragonsakura22 - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. I have completed all the currently released quests, aside from this one. I've started it, I just have yet to find the proper grotto. The best advice I can give is to say try doing other quests that are close in number to this one, that helped me every time I couldn't start a quest. I wish I could give a more exact answer, but I'm just suggesting what helped me every time I was in your situation. :)

User Info: ShiftyD93

ShiftyD93 - 5 years ago 0 0
  3. Try this: www.gamefaqs.com/ds/937231-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/faqs and look for quest guide by zaraff

User Info: Tgdf8

Tgdf8 - 4 years ago 0 0
  4. According to the cheat guide, Beat a grotto, as he won't trust you till you do.

User Info: 007Sniper014

007Sniper014 - 4 years ago 0 0