Question from bengra08

Is the Itemised Kill of the Thief works on Grotto Bosses?

I'm having trouble activating Thief's Coup de Grace (Itemised Kill) in Grotto Bosses. Is it a bug that it is not activated or the game does not want the Itemised Kill to be used on them..

i see.. so it DO works right?

From: fatpiecat2 4 years ago

I haven't got it to work. It's only triggered once on a Grotto Boss and had no effect, so I suspect not. It's probably like Corvus' weapons and armor. They do mega damage and block almost all harm when he has them, but when you win them, and equip them, they're hardly any better than any other armor and weapons in the game. That's how these games work. Any great ability or weapon never works on bosses.

It only works sometimes.

I don't quite understand your question. Do you mean that you're having trouble getting the Thief's Coup de Grace to appear, or that you use it but it doesn't result in an item drop?

I find that the Thief's Coup de Grace is the least likely to appear when fighting a Grotto boss (my other characters are Minstrel/Ranger, Mage/Armamentalist and Priest/Sage). However, it *does* show up sometimes, and I'm sure I've used it to obtain item drops. Mind you, I also have the Thief's Theory scroll, and I think that most of my Grotto boss item drops have been from the scroll rather than the Coup de Grace.

Also, to add to my previous answer - Itemised Kill doesn't work if the Grotto boss needs to give you a special item for a quest. For example, in Quest #129 the Grotto boss will drop a silver key when you defeat it. This blocks any other item also being dropped, so Itemised Kill does nothing.