Question from Craziekevin08

Can somebody help me beat King Godwyn?

Level 36 Armamentalist - Mainly Sword, Shield, and Fource. Deals most damage with Oomph-ed Falcon Slash, around 200.
Level 38 Priest - Staff, a little Shield. Just healing
Level 34 Paladin - Spear, Shield. Magic Barrier/Kabuff
Level 37 Mage -Staff, a little Shield. Magic attacker/Oomph-er, deals about 100 with Frizzle.

Usually I try to be minimalistic when it comes to buffs in case he dispels it so I can cast them again, but he's been 2HKO'ing my guys with his powered up Frizzle, making it impossible for my priest to revive everybody. I've been adding 12-18 skill points for Shield for both my Priest and my Mage because of *THIS GUY.* Augh. Help please?

From: baratron 4 years ago

Several recommendations:
1) Make sure all your characters are able to cast Magic MIrror. (Shield level 40 - reflects enemy spells for a while). That will prevent his Frizzle from hitting any of your team members.

2) Use Multiheal on your Priest (you've said this character is level 38, so they should have it). This restores 100 HP per person in a single round.

3) Get either your Priest or Mage to level 100 Wand so that you get the scroll Wands and Beyond. Then give this scroll to your Mage while they have a Wand equipped. This will provide the ability Zing Stick, meaning that your Mage also has a 50% chance to resurrect an ally if someone gets killed. To make this a 100% chance, equip all your characters with Yggdrasil Leaves. Though this requires multiple visits to Pluvi Isle over time.

4) Give all of your characters Yggdrasil Dew. The Dew requires a bit of alchemy (need to make an Elfin Elixir first, which itself consumes one Yggdrasil Leaf) but then can be used in battle to fully heal the whole party. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on a dead character, which is a pain if the enemy kills a character while you're waiting for your character with the Dew's turn. Because of this...

5) Use your Armamentalist and/or Mage to cast Acceleratle to speed up your team's Agility.

Now, one of the problems with bosses is that if you cast too many protective/stat boosting spells, they can use Disruptive Wave to remove everything you've cast. As far as I'm aware, ALL bosses have this ability (not 100% sure of this, however). So it's a case of balancing how many times you cast Acceleratle/ Magic Mirror/ Oomph/ Kabuff/ Psyche Up/ Egg On to make sure that you actually get to USE some of those boosts!

Also, I agree with Luiman04 about armour. I'm pretty sure I had both the Mirror Armour or its even better form, the Catoptric Armour, and the Sacrosanct Armour at this point in the game. The Mirror and Catoptric Armours reflect spells, and the Sacrosanct Armour heals injuries. You should also have at least the Tempest, White Knight's, or Power Shield available. If you have to do some levelling up and alchemy to get the items, go for it - you'll need them in the next part of the game anyway.

Good luck!

Im not Good with stratefies but i suggest you Get better armor like the mirror armor for you paladin as well as the full mythril set, this will increase his defense a lot, also I suggest getting the miracle sword since it heals the user with each hit as well as do a good amount of damage (around 190 attack)

Get mirror armour equiped on as many people as you can so you will reflect kafrizz sometimes .make your mage use bounce then keep doing that when it runs out. keep your priests mp for healing and up your teams defence by making your paladin cast buff and kabuff if he/she has it

Turn your priest into ranger make him/her level 45 beating liquid metal slimes get at least one gladiator that has 100 sheild skill if you get your paladin a boss sheild and get your mage one too get as many people with mirror armor as possible make sure your block chance is at least nine keep the mage but change the only one remaining to a paladin or ministrel get a spirit bracer for your gladiator(s) one MUST KNOW BLIND MANS BIFF OR GIGASLASH.

I havnt beat him myself, but try mirror armor + spells

I already beat him so i just recommend to train just a little more. A good place to train is at the bowhole on the 3fl because of liquid metal slimes.