Question from mattnutt811

Im gettin ready to fight king godwyn on dragon quest 9 what are the best weaps and armor for this stage in the game?

if anyone did this with the best armour and weapons of my characters or at least knows what they are for this boss fight than could you plz tell me what they are.My characters are: gladiator lvl 35
martial artist lvl 38
minstrel lvl 37
priest lvl 20

From: baratron 4 years ago

Firstly, I agree that your Priest is too low-level. They need to be level 38 so that they can cast Multiheal.

I can see a problem in that neither Gladiators nor Martial Artists are able to equip Shields, unless you've raised Shield ability to level 100 in another class. That will be a huge problem because King Godwyn uses magical attacks, and you ideally need to be able to cast Magic Mirror on each of your characters. This is a Shield ability which can only be used if you have a shield equipped.

At this stage in the game, you should have the Mirror Armour, the Ethereal Armour, and Sacrosanct Armour available. These are all made in alchemy. The Mirror Armour and its better form, the Catoptric Armour reflect spells, the Ethereal Armour protects against spell damage, and the Sacrosanct Armour heals injuries. These can all be equipped by both Minstrels and Gladiators.

Your Priest should be wearing something like Flowing Dress (unisex, despite the name), Twinkling Tuxedo/Shimmering Dress or Ethereal Robes. Some of the items from the DLC visitors are also very good for Priests.

Your Martial Artist has very little choice available. Dragon Top/Dragon Dress, Combat Top/Combat Costume, or any of the items from the DLC visitors.

You should also have at least the Tempest, White Knight's, or Power Shield available. Give the best shield you have to your Priest, and the second-best shield to your Minstrel.

But really, you're going to get slaughtered without the ability to equip shields on all your characters, so I'd definitely recommend levelling that up first.

You're levels might be a little low, I suggest getting your priest to at least level 38 so he can learn multiheal