Question from DNAnimations

Canvass for Guests - 2 DS,2 Games, Same Person?

I am interested in the 'Canvass for Guests' feature at the Inn in Stornway, but unable to attract/contact any guests due to not being anywhere near another human being with a DS and a copy of the game. Wi-Fi connection doesn't work, left the DS on overnight and attracted 0 guests.

I was wondering this morning - both myself and brother have individual DS's, if i bought another copy of DragonQuest IX and canvass on his DS while canvassing on my DS at the same time, will it work?

How many canvasses would I be able to get out of that? Would I have to restart a new game each canvass on the other copy of the game? Are there any accolades, or other benefits other than treasure maps gained from canvassing? If this won't work, then this is the only feature of the game I will be unable to gain access to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I was thinking of buying a new copy of the game to keep restarting etc for the guests on my main game. A nuisance that I am unable to do it the way it should be done - we're a bit way out of the way in the countryside here, and I don't think there have or will be any events in our area or country.

Do you think it's worth going down that route with buying another copy, redoing over and over? I don't see me getting any of those special maps or other grotto maps otherwise. :(

From: Imphobia 4 years ago

You will only be able to get one guest this way unless one of you is willing to sacrifice his game and keep restarting a new game just to get the other all the guests.

I don't remember getting any accolades for it. The only benefits of canvassing is to get some really great maps from other players as well as those special event maps. You also gain access to two alchemy recipes you can't get otherwise.

Another benefit of canvassing is that when you have more guests in the inn, more levels of it open up. You know how currently the stairs to both basement and higher levels are roped off? At certain numbers of guests, these are unlocked.

I don't know the exact numbers, but it's 30 to have a "full" inn. At this point you will be able to get the last piece of clothing from each of the DLC guests.

I agree, it's extremely annoying that Tag mode doesn't work online. I have a dozen friends who play DQ IX located around the world, which would go quite a long way towards that 30 people if only online connections were possible... :/

I tried what dunno001 said today. bought a second ds and another copy of the game. canvased both games, deleted the guest and re-canvased 30 times. Now says I have canvased 30 guests but NOTHING unlocked as far as Inn expansion. Am I doing something wrong or do you have to put 30 guests in the Royal Suite?

Crap, if that didn't work, then unfortunately, you may have to physically restart the other game 30 times, sorry. I know that I've used that method to get multiple maps from someone, and I saw that it incremented my number, so it made sense to me. (I wound up going to an anime convention and tagged a lot of people there.) It will not have anything to do with the royal suite, as I've not put anyone there, other than the DLC people who show up there.