Question from rh3ia

Grotto Maps????????

I don't get it.Why don't they show the complete map in grottos.Its really hard to make your way through them.Even though I've only beaten one, I'm not to sure about doing the next one.Help?!?!!?:( :( :(

rh3ia provided additional details:

I don't have a Thief.So there. I have a Paladin, a Gladiator, a Mage and a Marshal Artist.Try and think up something that uses the skills of the classes that I do have.

yak_breeder asked for clarification::

You can switch classes you know. You must know you this, since you have a Paladin and Gladiator. So you can switch to Thief, get the skill, and switch back to the class you want to be, and you can still use it. So there.

yak_breeder answered:

They show you the map after you've beaten it.
In the meantime you can use Treasure Eye Land to find the stairs.
3 1

Answers

Derak_Necron answered:

You must complete each Grotto map, that is go down to the very last floor and defeat the boss, at least once to unveil all of the floors for that map.

Like yab mentions, using Treasure Eye Land (Thief skill) will show you the location of the Stairs on a given floor on the mini map.

Alternatively, you can use ' www.yabd.org/apps/dq9/grottosearch.php ' and ' www.woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dq9ds/maps_treasure/dq9grotto_eng.png ' to get the info for your grotto maps, and each provides a map for them.
1 0

Pokegirl answered:

Well..you can either bumble blindly to the stairs, or you can swap classes to thief, max out the skill points in it, and have Treasure Eye Land. Part of the point of making the dungeons blind is to encourage wandering around; you're never going to find treasure chests if you don't wander around for them. And grotto treasure can be awesome.
1 0