Question from jimborrific

How do I keep metal slime from running?

Even at low levels (all below 15), the metal slimes in the Quarantomb are running almost every time - out of the past 8 battles I've been in with metal slime, 6 have before I could attack, one was surprised (the thing that causes enemies to not move for a turn) and one actually stayed in battle for a full turn.

How do I prevent these metal slimes from running, or at least decrease the chance that they will?

From: Tensuda 4 years ago

Unfortunately, theres nothing you can do to stop metal slimes from running during except for using the Martial artist or Luminary's coup de graece and having lots of style; their running is completly random.

They've got 100% immunity to all status effects except instant death, enthralment and magic so don't bother trying to use things like war cry to stun them - use metal attacks or equipment when you get them as they, which doubles most damage and makes regular hits more likely.

I guess the best bet you've got is to surprise them by encountering them from the back or, running into them when they just notice you. Anything else that makes them attack instead of run is likely a mere coincidence.

It's always random I guess you can spam war cry thats what i did even if it didnt work it kept from running for some reason...