Question from NewTypeOne

How many Grotto types exist?

I've been playing this game quite a lot (overkill by now, really... but meh, still fun) and I've been foraging through the grottos primarily at this point. What boggles me is that I haven't quite confirmed the exact number of types that are out there.

My reason for wondering is that several quests require you to bash the dickens out of or plunder loot from high level monsters in the specific grotto types. As far as my searching has turned up so far, this is what I know of: Ruins, Ground, Ice, Volcano and Water. Has anyone else encountered any other types? I have maps between the level 60 and 75 range for all of those types, but my beastiary is still only at 87%. So I'm wondering if there can really be that many monsters left in the highest level map of those types or if I'm missing some others. Advice, anyone?

Tekkaman_James answered:

There are five Grotto environments in all; Caves (Nature/Ground), Ruins, Ice, Fire (Volcano), and Water.

For the specifics on how Grotto generation works, check out the "Grotto Mechanics Guide" by TFergusson in the FAQs section.

For specifics on what types of monsters show up in what types of Grottos, check out the "Grotto Monsters/Bosses FAQ" by Dragovian1 in the FAQs section.
0 0