Question from furby66

How do I defeat Lieutenant Goresby Purrvis?

I already defeated him once. Then I got Hootingham Gore. So, what now? How do I kill Goresby Purrvis the second time? Here's my team:
Martial Artist lvl 42
Warrior lvl 41 (I can make him a paladin if it's any better. He's level 18 when he's a paladin)
Mage lvl 39
Mage lvl 39

Please help!

Answers

ignasia7 answered:

You have no healer. Change one of your mages out for a Priest, level that Priest up to even 30 and you should be able to survive. Another tip is you should max shield's on someone, get the shield scroll, and give it to your Warrior/Paladin. You don't have to change to Paladin, but I would suggest learning Forbearance.

Technically, the Priest is the only change you need to make, but in leveling that character, you might as well level your Paladin to get Forbearance.
0 0

kenzzo13 answered:

you have a pretty good team but its not good enough. First you need a priest(i would change it for a mage low lv one)secondly when i got wiped out lots of times by him i changed into gladiator.A lv 30 one should be good enough.PS;the gladiator need to learn hatchet man and axes of evil(axe skill)and good luck!
0 0

tututengu answered:

I beat him with two Lvl 40 minstrels, a gladiator and a paladin. My best advice is to have at least one gladiator with any combination of Helm Splitter, Double Up, and Double-Edged Slash. My minstels used abilities that raise your chance of shield blocking or evasion (Immense Defence, Tap Dance). The two of them and my paladin had good enough healing capabilities to cover my team and to attack effectively when they could.
0 0

Theultranerd answered:

I beat him at level 35. Get a healer there the only thing that makes me still alive in the game.
0 0

retroninty answered:

I would say yeah get a priest and make them about level 35/40 then they learn good spells. I thought Hootingham-Gore was harder, he had those bad karmours with him which was so annopying. i personally dont use a priest, but they are good.
0 0

Jandeku answered:

He's not that much harder the second time you fight him. All you really need is a priest (instead of two mages) to keep your party healed, since Purrvis can deal a lot of damage and OHKO your team mates.

Your levels are good enough already, even to face the final boss.
0 0

Logan19490 answered:

Save a ton of money and find the secret shop in dourbridge or the shop in upover for the best equipment you can get and get leveled up util level 45.
0 0

Kendra1989 answered:

If you have a minestral, level them up till you can egg someone on. do that on someone who has a strong attack, then when that person's tension reaches 100(if they don't die) us that move on him. tat should work
0 0

erdricks_sword answered:

I concur with the above guys. A priest is absolutely essential. Having a paladin who has maxed his virtue tree is a GODSEND in this fight, considering purrvis only uses physical attacks. The only thing to look out for is his crit or miss attack, but as long as your priest is doing their job you'll be fine. egg on, psyche up and oomph your main attacker. goresby purrvis can be a pushover if you keep your paladin buffed and healed.
0 0

meeper123 answered:

Mage to priest learn multiheal the try again
0 0

dragonquest228 answered:

multiheal is your best friend sages, priests and rangersknow the spell. Goresby-purrvis has a attack to knock down people. His nastiest move is "hacks away like a demon" this does over 200 if it hits and he does it every 2 or 3 turns. If you don't have multiheal you can always have two healers.This boss fight is endurance you can't take him down that fast victory is based on dealing consitsitent damege while surving his return stirkes. Buff spells are great so keep them refreshed as much as possible.
0 0

jaimequest answered:

well for a start equip all your players with life bracers and your self with the best healing equipment. I suggsted the power shield,scared armour and the miracle sword or uber miracle sword.
1 0

Hazzathedestroy answered:

not 2 boast, i completed the game with myself only. the best way 2 defeat purrvis is 2 fully upgrade the warrior stat "courage". you will get rly good str and end, plus 60 extra hp. use the miracle sword (35 mini medals), and if u can, get the uber miracle blade. switch to minstrel class (cos it good all-rounder) and go pwn purrvis. BTW, get to at least lvl 50 when fighting him, and use falcon slash every turn. use the empowered shield, catoptric armour (mirror armour + 5 mirrorstone + catholicon ring), mythril helm, safer or safest shoes and the sturdy slacks and heavy gaunlets. u SHOULD pwn him quite easily. :) good luck
1 0

Sadet1991 answered:

i beat him at lvl 35 n 36
I used Minstrel, Priest, Martial Artist and Thief
the abilitys I used Egg on on my Martial Artist and also used Psyche up untill it hits 100 my thief just attacked normally and my Priest did all the healing, when my Martial Artist hit 100 tensility and gose practly Super Siyan for 1 attack I use the claw skill Propeller Blade witch dose a lot of damage if you have a powerful weapon on him/her
1 0

slimetimedragon answered:

How did you get this far in the game without a healer? I haven't killed Goresby Purrvis yet and I have three healers! Get a priest for the healing duties (Preferably one with multiheal) and have a hard-hitter to smash the Lieutenant.
Have a sage to oomph the attacker. A sage should also use channel anger and then use boom. An armamentalist can use funereal fource to deal more damage to said boss.
0 0

ja2d answered:

It's how you go about it. It's gonna be hard as hell without a healer. I personally have my guys go through multiple vocations, and maybe more than one weapon choice. But If I had to give some advice.. I'd say go ahead and have your warrior become a Paladin, one Mage becomes a Priest, and the other becomes a Sage, and do what ya want with your hero. That way you'll have a lot of guys who can heal. Then again, to each his own so..
0 0

dragokiller321 answered:

Totally fell our pain bro. The ol' samurai cat was hard for me too. I got everyone in my party to level 40 and I had everyone focused on evading attacks. You should by the best items for your team in pover. I had my minstrel level 46, my martial artist level 40, my warrior level 42, and my mage level 41. Think about makin one of your mages a gladiator. you don't need two and gladiators dish out more damage than e level 50 minstrel with maxed out sword skills. ( I know because I lost)
0 0

BenCarnage answered:

if you're taking too much damage allocate points into courage (warrior skill line) or virtue (paladin skill line) for more resilience and health. I just cleared Gittingham with a level 30 party, having played for less than 10 hrs and 20 minutes (yes, I am trying to get lightspeed), 100 swords, 100 virtue, 40 shields.
0 0

How can I beat Lt. Goresby Purrvis? Open easa2
How do I beat Goresby-Purrvis? Answered wind3245
How do I beat Lt. Goresby Purrvis? Answered Kendra1989
Help to beat goresby purrvis? Answered 24854m
How do I beat Goresby Purrvis? Answered Logan19490