Question from kaga1970

How do I use the Krak Pot/Alchenomicon?

Can someone help me figure out whats wrong with the Krak Pot? I obtained it, have lots of ingredients/reagents, but cannot seem to select them to make a new item. I go to Battle Records>Alchenomicon, select the proper recipe (for example Strong Medicine), and cant do anything. I have 2 Medicinal herbs, which is what the recipe says I need. When I have Strong Medicine selected, pressing the A button does nothing.

What am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated...

Arashmin answered:

You can't do it through Battle Records. In DQIX, the Krak Pot stays at a static location, which is in Quester's Rest. You can go and talk to him there to perform alchemy, either by selecting a recipe, or trying your own hand at it.

There's no big wagon to lug him around like in DQVIII... though he wasn't animated, and without how much stuff your bag carries, I guess you could of stuffed him in. But meh.
2 0