Question from ApusMajor

Can you PLEASE help me defeat Tyrantula?

I have a level 20 Minstrel and Warrior, and level 19 Preist and Thief. I've tried beating Tyrantula 4 times and I STILL haven't been able to defeat her! Please answer ASAP!!!

Sorry, typo. I have a level 21 Minstrel, not 20. Sorry

From: Immature_Sage 4 years ago

The Tyrantula uses most of his time to immobilize, poison, then attack. What you must do is make sure you have decent equipment (the one from Bloomingdale is good enough, get and spend some money!).

Make sure the priest is in the back row and heals only when it is vital and hand some healing items to the other characters as well.

Psyche up! Use the Egg On ability to add some power to you hits (or your healing). Do not forget to defend when you see a big hit coming and if you have the abilities Miracle Slash and the buff spell. Oh, and shield skills are your friends.

If you feel that your level is still not enough, look for the metal medleys that appear in that same dungeon and kill a pair to level up.

For future reference for you main character: focus on sword, shield, and class (Spellcraft, Courage, Focus, etc.) attributes. You will need these boosts.

Ok...Probably the best recommendation I can make is for some equipment. The poison usually isn't what will kill you, it's being paralyzed that will hinder you most, so I would suggest getting a full set of Full Moon Rings: 1 Gold Ring+1 Poison Moth Knife+1 Lunaria.
Poison Moth Knife: 1 Divine Dagger(stornway 640 gold)+2 Coagulant+3 Butterfly Wing
Lunaria: 3 Moonwort Bulb