Question from mario_fanatic59

Is this game good for beginners?

I've never played a Dragon Quest game, so, I was wondering if I wouldn't understand anything without playing a different one first. Also once, my cousin compared it to Pokemon. Are they anything similar? Also, if this isn't good for beginners, request another one that is.

FefnirOmega13 answered:

This was my first DQ as well, and I'd agree that it's fairly fine for beginners. Practically any combination of job vocations (warrior, mage, thief, etc) can beat the final boss, given enough levelling and good equipment (aside from stupid combinations like 4 of one vocation) The stories of DQ as far as I know don't have anything to do with each other for the most part (much like Final Fantasy) and the most you will see are downloadable quests featuring characters from the other games. There are also bosses from other games, but you don't need to worry about them too much- they feature well after you've beaten the final boss and are designed for you to fight way after you've gotten a greater understanding in how the jobs and weapons work. Other than that it's not difficult and is worth a fair go.

I wouldn't call it very similar to pokemon, personally.

If you enjoy this and are looking for alternatives I recommend Magical Starsign and Golden Sun Dark Dawn. This is better than them both, I would say.
0 0

albelclaw answered:

I just got Dragon Quest VI and I'm halfway through there but I've beaten this one twice, it is definitely good for beginners. I've never been "stuck" at a boss or had no idea what to do. I've died before but usually I get enough levels by running back through the dungeon for most bosses and then destroy them.

VI leaves you guessing what to do next alot and some of the bosses are difficult and a single run through of their dungeon doesn't help.
0 0