Question from Xcelll

How do you cannvas guests?

I don't know how to canvas guests.

Canvass for Guests Using Tag Mode
If you speak to Erinn and select 'Canvas for guests,' you can use your Nintendo DS systems's Tag Mode to invite guests to stay at the Quester's Rest. When you are near another person who is also in Tag Mode, your heroes will travel to each other's inns, where they will take up residence as guests. You can invite up to three guests per canvassing session, and the inn has room for up to 30 guests altogether. Once you have reached capacity, guests will be asked to leave on a first-in, first-out basis. You can also take completed treasure maps to offer as an incentive to those who canvas you as guests.

And every time you canvass a guest, your inn gets a new upgrade! Yay.
Since tag mode only works with local Wi-Fi (people within 20-30 feet), you'll need one of these three things, or a combination thereof:
1. Friends who will canvass with you.
2. Travel to meet-ups with other people who play Dragon Quest IX.
3. Buy a second copy of the game, use a second DS, and canvass with that. Note that you'll have to delete your file and then create a new file 30 times in order to fill up your inn with this method.

I did option 3 from HylianAngel's post....takes forever lol. Took me about 3 days.