Question from iduke4

why can't i get Excalipur?

My MC is level 80( no revocations)
My highest grottoe is level 73
Why can't i get Excalipur for a grottoe boss???

VulpesMundi answered:

You can get Excalipur, the problem is the odds that you will get him are pretty low. You're currently rating a new quality of 153 +/- up to 10%. That gives you a new grotto quality of between 138 to 168. Excalipur is boss #10. At minimum you need a new grotto quality of 161 to have a chance to get him (plus randomly three other bosses). My suggestion would be to raise your MC level a little bit and/or get lucky and find a higher level grotto so that your lowest new grotto quality will fall around 161. Without finding a higher level grotto, you'd pretty much need to be level 99 and still won't quite have the best minimum. This would give you 172 +/- up to 10%, which is a range of 155 to 189. It's not ideal, but it's certainly a far better chance than you currently have.

<b>New Grotto Quality</b> = Hero's Maximum Vocation Level + 5*Hero's Maximum Revocation + Level of Previous Grotto, with a random of up to 10% variance.

For example: you're currently getting 80 + 0 + 73 = 153 +/- up to 10%, which is a range of 138 to 168.

See this topic for more information (remove space): www.gamefaqs.com/boards/ 937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/55674123
0 0

Do I have good Vocations? Open LyliTheMinstrel
What now...? Open Nster90
What team would be more effective vs legacies? Open Nster90
What is the full set of 5 star armor for all vocations? Open Rangerstealth
Worth staying as a Minstrel? Answered SebazWorld