Question from veggam

I need help with my team!?

Here's what I think I should do:
Character1: Will start as a minstrel, and i put points into sword skill. When I then obtain armamentalist vocation, I'll change into that, still putting points into sword skill. Or I could change into gladiator, but then I want to put points axe skill. Then I just feel like i wasted points putting them into sword skill while beeing a minstrel :/ Suggestions?
Character2: Will be a priest, my healer. I put points into spear skill, so it can take more damage when it doesn't have to heal.
Character3: Will be a martial artist, and I put points into claw skill. Martial artist is the only vocation with claw skill, so if I change vocation, i'll have to change where I put my skill points. But is it good to have a martial artist on your team, or should i change?
Character4: Idk what to do with this one ... I was thinking of starting as a mage, and putting points into wand skill. When I then obtain paladin skill, I'll change into that. But here I get a problem. Paladin doesn't have wand skill, and I wanna use spears or fans? Really needs suggestions!!

Please give me suggestions of what my team should be, when I should eventually change vocation, and where to put my skill points.

veggam provided additional details:

I have searched around a little, and I have a new idea.
Character 1: Will start as a minstrel, putting points into sword?, but i'll change to a gladiator at the first opportunity, and then I max axe.
Character 2: Will be a martial artist, and I max claws.
Character 3: Will be a mage, which will attack, and heal with "Caduseus".
Character 4: Will start as a priest, and I put points into spear. But at the first opportunity I change into a paladin, still putting points into spear.

- But now I got a healing problem. Can I use a mage as a healer? Or should I keep the priest, and instead switch mage? But the thing is that I want a Paladin, and mages can't wield spears :/
- I also want an armamentalist, and in that case, which character should I switch out with that one?

Answers

DQ9_beast_13 answered:

Instead of mage i have gladiator but mage can be just as good if u put alot into strong shields and armor with good magical might but thats an awsome team
0 0

81723 answered:

I don't think you can use a mage as a healer and use Caduceus ... In your team you will probably need a priest. (Also, I think you can't use caduceus to heal outside of battle, which could be a problem.)

In your original question, you said that nobody else could equip a claw. Thieves can equip claws, but I'm not sure if that's going to help you much.
In post-game, gladiators and paladins are very strong characters, and if you plan on legacy bossing or anything, priests will be pretty much essential.

But I'm not entirely sure of what to do, these are just some suggestions. Your party should be whatever you want it to be.
0 0

Advice on Team. Is the team below okay? Answered reshiramluva201
Team help/rate my team? Open etwdog
How is my team? Open Ami_Mercury
How could my team be better? Answered ferniiboo
Help with team? Answered shadowpenguin1