Question from mikedepue86

Why can't I name my character "Angelica"?

See title.

mikedepue86 provided additional details:

baratron: That doesn't make sense; in actuality, "Angel" itself isn't banned at all. Nor is "Angela". Nor is "Angelic". Only when the 'a' is added is it banned. Also, Brendan isn't banned either.

Answers

baratron answered:

It contains the word "angel" which is banned as it's a religious word :)

Think I'm joking? There is an absolutely ENORMOUS list of banned words in the Dragon Quest games. A post by pokeeiyuu on the Dragon Quest IX GameSpot forum claims:

"There are 1284 entries in the obvious name filter list of the English version. At the end of it, there are even contingencies for certain words using symbol substitutions.
It runs the gamut of Western European languages and has some Chinese romanizations in it as well."

Other people have had trouble with the names Penelope, Brendan and Raphael. I suggest you find an alternative name that you like!
0 0