Question from epb45

What levels should I have to beat (Shogun)?

What sorta levels should I have, and what vocations, i'm not in postgame, so I don't have a luminary.

Can he use the disruptive wave abilitiy also.

epb45 provided additional details:

i'v killed shogum, with vocations a bit under what you said,
I think i had a martial artist, an armamentalist, a sage, and a ranger, cause i was training at that point, so i could get their lvl 40 scrolls. i later switched the lvl40+ armamentalist to a weaker mage, so i could train him up a bit.

Akiraita answered:

In terms of levels, Lv. 40 at least is what I'd recommend, although you might as well go knock down the final boss if you're gonna be grinding, because post-game opens up a lot of new doors for you. Equipment is also pretty important, although I can't think of anything terribly useful in terms of armor at this point in the game, but having something that can either reflect or weaken incoming magic (Catoptric Armor or Ethereal Armor) can be useful, since Shogum's Kaboom can kinda sting. Try to bring the Shield scroll if you can, because Shogum can perform critical hits and they really hurt if your levels aren't high enough (having the Shield scroll means a 100% chance of blocking any critical hits that come your way.)

Vocations sorta matter but for a boss like Shogum there aren't any "best" vocations - just know that Minstrels, Luminaries and Mages start to slow down in the post-game (although your mileage may vary with Mages.) What sort of vocations do you have on you right now? Again, they won't matter terribly for Shogum, but you may want to start training a nicer team for later on in the game.

Shogum can use Disruptive Wave.
0 0

How do I beat (shogun)? Answered kenzzo13
What levels and items for goresby-purrvis? Answered 5cool20
How do I beat Nodoph? Answered LotosRevenge
Would I be able to beat Corvus? Open xKnilx
How do I beat the cat samarui? Answered whotheman06