Question from Mr_Bojingo
Question about Grottos and Treasure Maps?
I haven't exactly completed the game yet. The furthest i got was getting the ultimate key (I reset my game after). So the only information i have on grottos are what i have been seeing on the guides. But i'm still slightly confused.
From what i understand, i can obtain treasure maps by defeated bosses in grottos. When someone refers to this "Grotto", are they talking about some specific area in the game? or are they referring to treasure maps in general?
If its treasure maps in general, am i correct in assuming that i can only get higher level ones if i start by completing this level 1 treasure map i got from Christopher Collapsus?
Also, how exactly do you obtain the new maps from grottos, are they 100% drop rates from bosses? or are they only chance drops from chests?
Top Voted Answer
1. Grottos are the dungeons you find on the treasure map. (basically just a random dungeon because there are over 8 million maps.)
2. Maps are ALWAYS dropped assuming you beat the boss of that dungeon. There is no 98% they are 100% everytime. You also have a small chance of getting rare items from the boss. Great items are 5-10% depending on the boss and the rare items are 2% Always.
3. Either the lv.1 map from Collapsus or the map you get after you beat the game from the king of stornway.
4. You can replay the grotto infinite amounts of times and no you don't have to wait any time to do it again. If you close the treasure map and reopen it you will be able to fight the boss again and get all the chests.
This question has been successfully answered and closed
-Grottos are dungeons found via the treasure maps. The maps lead you to their entrances.
-Maps are 98% drops from bosses, the other 2% being very very rare items.
-It all starts with that lv. 1 map Christopher gave you, or events at locations. Beat Equinox (the boss), obtain map, repeat.
-You can replay a grotto over and over to earn more maps, but a set time must pass between visits.
Respond to this Question
You must be logged in to answer questions. Please use the login form at the top of this page.