Review by Armamentalist01

"Great game!"

This is one of my personal favorite game styles; over world exploration, strategic battles, and you can grind if you want (you can win without to much of that, of course, but I like to slightly over level, haha =)

To start, you get to do a LOT to customize your own character. Faces and expretions/Skin color, body size, hair style and hair color.... Yeah, a lot.... AND THEN, when you get to a certain point, you get to make up to a full team (3 other characters) of other people, using the same stuff as yourself, to make a really cool looking team! (Plus, it's fun to think of names for your team. A lot of people use a theme for their party. Personally on this play through, I'm using names from Greek mythology (partially because I'm into Percy Jackson right now, lol). But anyway, you can use pretty much anything. Main characters from a video game, movie or book, your favorite players on your favorite sports team, whatever you want! =)

But really, this is pretty much a very cool game all around. The story line is actually quite good (for a video game, of course, not for a good movie). The ability to custimize your characters' equipment is neat, and even post game, there is still stronger armor to go for, so that doesn't get boring, as it would if there wasn't a lot of variety in equipment. Yeah, pretty much hundreds of different pieces of equipment.

And did I mention the monsters? Sure, there are some lame ones, but who doesn't like the cute little "Slimes"? And how you can always look for a stronger version of a monster? For example, the armored monster called a Restless Armour, and a stronger version; Infernal Armour, and then Lethal Armour. OK, maybe that wasn't the best group for an example; there are some cooler ones/ ones with more clever names, but meh, I'm just too lazy to think of something else..... >_>

You can also go have fun with up to 3 friend with their own DQ IXs! Me, my brothers, and our neighbor have lots of fun searching for rare 2% equipment from certain rebattlable (lol long word) bosses.

Anyway, I think this is a great game, with so much to do in it, that beating the main story doesn't even come close to full completion of the game. I HIGHLY recommend it!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 04/23/12

Game Release: Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (US, 07/11/10)