Review by Nightflash123

"One of the best DS rpg's I have seen!!!"

This review is by nightflash123 hope you enjoy. ;-D

Storyline/plot: 9/10
The plot is the main building blocks of any game, trust me if the first 15 minutes of a game is really good then it goes straight back in the box. Now the first part of this game is a little boring you have to walk around talking to people and doing not very much but then straight away you are thrown into the opening scene(i will talk about this in the graphics section) and the credits.

The opening scene graphics for this game is truly stunning and a few other minor scenes. I was amazed to see that the clearness of these graphics on even my 3ds. Thats also the problem because the DS systems are so compact they cant support that kind of clearness throughout the game and I was quite dissapointed never the less they are still very good.

Engrossing: 10/10
This game is stunning it is so addicting. I havent even completed the game fully because really it is impossible to fully complete. Its ingenius. Like any other game it has a main story but once you finish that there is a post-game. This is like a side story. You get treasure maps to search for treasures and fight stronger enemies/bosses. I have been playing for 80 hours 27 minutes and not even through half of the post game yet its great.

Music: 7/10
The music is the biggest let down of all. When you start fighting stronger monsters it takes more ttime to battle them, While your fighting 1 song is played through out making enjoying your fight extremely annoying.

DLC: 10/10
Pretty much unique to dragon quest 9 is the DLC shop where you can buy super rare items ad download exclusive quests to get great rewards. It uses wifi to connect to where ever and every friday it updates itself and lets you buy new stuff ot is truly the future of online play. The only problem is you may have difficulty connecting to the DLC channel because your security level is to high. please by all means have a look at guides and faqs to help you try and fix this problem. It is truly worth it.

Overall its a good solid game that anyone would enjoy and I would gladly buy the same or a similiar game again ;-D

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/12/12

Game Release: Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (US, 07/11/10)