Question from darkkaix17

how do I defeat the lord of flowsand ?

haveing a hard time against the lord of flowsand what units should I use and whats a good level to be at any good tips to make my fight easyer

greenedson asked for clarification:

I suggest you get 99 pots because he'll start eating you if you get close to it, but by getting close to it will let you attack it wich is easier , and of course not just potions but also a lot of hp
good luck

deathstriker24 answered:

Basically, make archers. Have some archers or some technique to disable the two small antlions and then use sidewinder, hunter ability to do massive amounts of damage to the lord of flowsand. Have a speedy healer to spam cure to buffer that annoying gravity move.

2nd tactic is to do serious training and rush down there with counter. If he attacks 6 units, then he gets countered 6 times really quickly
2 0

Answers

supermonkeydawg answered:

I suggest u do some serious training and hit the bazzar.I had trouble 2.i say u sould make Luso a palladin and get all ur guys 2 level 26
0 2

LordBillyBlue answered:

Use mainly Bishops with aero, cause the Yowie is highly weak to wind and a good Bishop with same level as the Yowie could easily cause 150+ damage, so i recomment bringing in one healer, three/two hard hitters and 2-3 bishops armed with aero. Trust me, I did it with three bishops and completed in about 3 full turn rotations
0 0

untuxable answered:

Any clan members with long ranged attacks are useful, especially white monks/fighters with Air Render. Also, make sure you have atleast 2 members in your party with multi-space healing techs, like any form of cure, white flame, etc. A few other things to remember:
-the antlions will keep coming no matter what. Either ignore them, or detain them using a tech or your weaker clan members
- If you stay far away, yowie will usually do a lot of damage to one person and heal. If you get right next to it, it will attack all adjacent members for average damage, but not heal. I recommend positioning several members with high defenses (Bangaa) or counter next to it. Frankly, If you could get 2 or 3 units next to Yowie using counter every time he attacks, he'll be down in no time.
-Heal like Billy Mays told you to. You can't beat a boss with dead party members.
0 0

Anoi_Harasuke answered:

Here's my developed strategy for defeating the Yowie, if you want to play safe [may take time to unlock classes];
Units:
~2 Summoner / Red Mage unit or 1 Summoner / Red Mage unit and 1 White Mage - have a stash of healing spells rdy, Blood Price is preferable in this battle
~2 or 3 Hunters [archers will be fine, best if equipped with Focus ]
~Optional [ anything'll do, but another healer is recommended for emergency heals ]
Battle Formation:
You know that move where he annoyingly sucks up an individual and drains their health? To combat this we'll be focusing on a far-range battle formation. Try moving all your units onto that high terrain behind your units, and have your Summoner heal your units in the attempt as necessary. Every time Yowie uses the 'suck up' technique, try to recognize it's cast range - as long as you're not within range, you can't be targeted [ by that technique, anywayz ]. Have the archers set up out of that range, and use focus. The following turn, take the 'attack' option and target Yowie, and you should dish out exceptionally good dmg. Should the antlions interfere, have the summoner keep casting them out with offensive double-magic, and they can also heal if necessary. The white mage / or other healer should always be close to the archers and the summoners in all scenarios, and further heal the summoner every turn [ blood price in effect ] - with the exception of healing dmg'ed units, since he can still dmg you with 'Gravity Flux' - which dmg's all opposing units anywhere on the map. Just try to stay and keep up together and you should be fine.
0 0

Anoi_Harasuke answered:

Recommended lvl for above strategy is about 40 ... hope that helps :D
0 2

die4769 answered:

^^^^
Lol, level 40 to kill an early boss?

Easy as pie, Make a bunch of melee characters, give them all counter, and have them stand next to him, attack when turn comes.

I have literally never come close to failing this battle, once on normal, twice on hard.
0 0

Anoi_Harasuke answered:

^^^^
Well, just to be on the safe side, you should be around there ... haha
And what if he kills 'em all with his AoE's before they can counter him o.0 ...... just wondering =D
0 2

unchosen_one answered:

Stay close to him
if you have the whole party satnding right next to him, he won't use his healing ability
archers can't stand far enough away to hit him wihtout being in range
fusiliers might be able to, but the damage would be minor
i don't remember the party size limit, but i assume it's four since that's how many fit around him
i would recommend:
- white monks /warriors / defenders (bangaa)
- fighters / parivirs (humes)
- fencers / spellbaldes / summoners (if possible) (viera)
- black mages (nu mou)
- moogle knight (moogles)
and i doubt you have seeq or gria yet, so i wouldn't worry about them
but my basic strategy was stay close, and he rarely heals
try to stay just out of range until you can have everyone run in at once
0 0

BrainpanSonata answered:

I agree with deathstriker24 and die4769 on the usefulness of counter when your party has enough HP for it, but when it comes to ranged attacks and elemental weakness, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the elementalist class.

Not only is Shining Air a ranged magic attack that takes advantage of the boss's weakness, you get the handy addition of the possibility of blinding it. And when you consider the fact that a blinded unit that attacks an opposing unit with Counter set still triggers Counter if the attack misses, blinding your foe doesn't seem like such a bad idea.
0 0

DefectiveRobit answered:

Well the most useful classes for this would be White Monks(For Air Render), Sages(For Aero, Nu Mou > Bangaas in magick), Elementalists(For Shining Air), or Summoners(Mainly if you can get Blood Price by now).
White Monks > Bishops in the fact that a White Monk has a better STR growth than a Bishop's MA growth, this meaning that Air Render will tend to be stronger than an Aero from a Bangaa. Not only that, but the fact that you can use an Air Render every turn at no cost.

Sages are a given better than Bishops at casting Aero, seeing as how they easily have a better MA growth.

Elementalists are fantastic in this battle(Or at least mine were). BrainpanSonata is right on the fact that Shining Air both hinders and does extra damage due to elemental weakness, BUT! they make great healers too. Meaning that your Elementalist(s) can easily take prioriety in this battle...unless..

You have Summoners! They will be able to do large amounts of damage and heal, both in large ranges. On top of that, if you'd like to attack and heal at the same time, you can always take advantage of equipment. However, the effectiveness of a summoner in general all depends on one grand ability, Blood Price(And perhaps the Bazaar as well, it's not exactly an ability, but you won't have any without it! :D).

Your best bet is probably, White Monks, Archers and Elementalists.
1 0

CodenameVertigo answered:

ok the best thing to do is to get 1 archer, 1 assassin, 1 paladin, 1 ninja, 1 dragoon, 1 black mage

then what you want to do is make sure that they're around lvl 25-30 depending on your preference

Viera-Assassin, equipped with fairy shoes as well as a Zanmato so they can use Ultima Masher
Luso-Paladin, equipped with dual wield passive ability and a Sequencer and another strong sword
Adelle-Ninja, equipped with dual wield passive ability and a couple of strong katanas
Cid-Dragoon, equipped with a dragon whisker, and knows the fire ice and thunder breaths
Black Mage- equipped with flame rod, also not a bad idea to have them know the basic mage skills
Archer-equipped with Seventh Heaven so they can use Ultima Shot

get those ready and you should be able to beat the lord of the flowsand in a heart beat
0 0

Enoch32123 answered:

CodenameVertigo: How do you even get Ninja? I got the 4 skills on Adelle and no Ninja.But i know that you you need a certain clan title but what? And Cid is at Grazetown How in the world could you even get him? Also, I think i got the Faerie shoes during the fight.when you get seventh Heaven?
Ok now with answers.
I just finished it! My white monk was the only one alive Thank you R4!!!!(and luck)(I don't use cheats on this game)
all i did was use my archer,white monk,Adelle,Luso , Moggle Knight, and 1 of my fencer (who unforgettably died in battle)Higest Level. 20 White Monk Lowest level. 12?
0 0

Zythis answered:

One flaw with melee is his swallow ability, I reccommend ranged, or someone who is set up to accomplish both, level, hit the bazaar, try him, rinse wash and repeat and Kipling the antlions can and often result in Pit Beasts, their advanced form.
0 0

ru_rocks answered:

There's a very easy strategy for this battle, and it takes just a few things. It's possible to win with just two characters in play, actually, but the more the merrier.

The first thing you need is a Green Mage, although if (for some reason) you have two or want to switch one Viera to Green Mage for this battle be my guest. It IS safer. She needs 'Sleep' to be in her repitoire, either through mastery or the weapon she holds. You'll be putting the Antlions to bed for most of the battle, and Blood Price would make it easier but it IS NOT necessary.

Next, an Archer. I prefer Viera simply from personal experience, but you could go with a human. Equip a Silver Bow (or any bow with a 6-panel or greater attack range) and that's your offense. Park her just out of range of the boss's Draw In attack and all he'll be able to do is that dumb gravity move, which you can heal up at your leisure. I suggest getting the Regen clan ability to aid the healing process - with as fast as Viera are you'll be taking enough turns to keep yourself safe.

A healer (or healers) would be wise, but aren't neccessary. I'd have them for safety, personally.

Now keep on Sleeping the Antlions and pelting the boss with Arrows. In theory you could have two archers, two green mages and two healers... or any combo of the three. Just remember that the gravity move will damage all units ALL the time, so you need to have a proportional healing ability to the number of units in play. I'd say one healer per every other two units, that way you can be sure to be hitting everyone with Cure every turn.

I'd also like to point out this is an easy strategy even at low levels. The most advanced items are the Bows, and they aren't that hard to come by. Green Mages can be recruited in Camoa and come equipped with the mace which teaches Sleep, though the name of said mace escapes me at the moment.

Also, remember you can sub the archers with other ranged units with a reach of 6 or more. You could switch out Green Mages for any other status-possessing class. This strategy is centered around making use of the Regen clan ability, and that means more turns for more healing. Viera, being incredibly fast, garner more benefit from the ability than others... but you can go up there with cannons or guns or ninjas... whatever you want ^^
0 0

Ultimar235 answered:

Just done it on hard, get an Illusionist and group all together at the top. Use MP channelling or less MP cost and just spam Prominence whilst the rest of you party is huddling up feeding you some ether pots or an elixir if you need. Just eat the Gravity attack and heal it off with cure and some hi pots.

Takes a long time, but is a sure fire way to win.
0 0

BinXyD answered:

~~Possible spoiler!~~

I don't know if eureka crystals and/or grimoire stones are already available by the time you get that quest, but if they are, set everybody's second ability to 'items'. If you are nearly toasted, you can always use that items to restore all of your partymates in no-time.
0 0

GothGamer666 answered:

Get your characters leveled up to at least 20 or higher. Have at least a white monk and a black mage on hand, as well as a warrior. That's how I finally beat him.
0 0

taconinja311 answered:

Get a couple snipers that know double shot and have 1 be a sniper/white mage so u can heal, also have a couple illusionists that hav prominence and half mp(equip the luminous robe)
0 0

RuPaRo answered:

I have a nice strategy.

Get MP Channeling OR Regen Clan Privileges. MP Channeling is Lvl 5 Aptitude-Adaptability, Regen is Lvl 3 General Training I.

The party is easy to set up. Law on the battle is Actions by Nu Mous, you might prefer to don't add a Nu Mou unit to your party, I advise to do so, as they are fragile and fall easily to the boss attacks. An Elementalist is invaluable in the fight, as they get Shining Air, that is the boss weakness, Fire Whip to disable, and White Flame that will be your healing aside of Cura.
A Bishop is a great ally in the battle. I never used a Bishop before, so i recruited him little before the fight, which left him to be lvl 18 or so, that is enough. Just teach him Cura and Aero.
My Luso was a Fighter with Air Render, Beat Down and Counter learned, he'll be the main melee fighter.
My Adelle was a Hunter with Sidewinder and Sonic Boom learned, so she could easily kill the antlions closer to the party, and cause huge damage to the boss. She was also with Blue Magick, so she could cast War Dance.
A Dragoon is useful at the fight. Jump deals loads of damage. Give him Counter and the Discipline ability, to use Air Render on the boss. And he has high HP and defense, won't need to be healed much often.
A Fusilier will help Adelle eliminating the antlions with Blindshot and Confushot, and with Items, if i need them.
Just lvl up enough to get the abilities. Lvl 18~20 is enough, mine were lvl 22~23. Give your party the best equipment you can.

Use MP Channeling/Regen as your privilege. The important thing is to keep your party together, in a formation that they can be healed by Cura/White Flame, and be beefed up by War Dance. Ignore the antlions if you want to, but they drop very good loot (Low Arcana) and the yellow ones can teach Sandstorm to Blue Mages. Keep the Dragoon away from the rest of the party, he will take the Angel Ring in the urn in the upper-left corner.
The Boss has three attacks. Gravity Flux, which deal moderate damage to your entire party, but he will only use it if you are out of range for his other attacks. Draw In, which drains HP from someone, and brings that unit close to him, and Stun Crush, that he will only use if a unit is adjacent to him, causing huge damage to low defense units AND Stun status. Stun Crush WILL damage the antlions too, use that to your advantage.
Make Luso close to Yowie, and use Beat Downs, alternating with Air Render. The others WON'T get close to Yowie, let them behind Luso, in a cross formation to quickly heal them all with Cura/White Flame. Adelle will use Sidewinder on the closer antlions/boss, and buff with War Dance, and maybe another Blue Magic (not Sandstorm, as the enemies will absorb it). The Bishop will heal with Cura, or attack with Aero. The Elem will use Fire Whip to disable the antlions, Shining Wind to damage boss, or White Flame when needed. The Fusilier will distract the antlions with his status attacks, and if Luso gets stunned, he could use an Item to heal that, don't attack the boss with him, as the damage is low. After the Dragoon gets the Angel Ring, make him get down to the Yowie. He attack at a distance, Air Render and Jump are useful. Heal him if you need.
If the boss uses Gravity Flux, heal everyone quickly (maybe not the Dragoon). If he uses Draw In, heal the unit, and in that person next turn, bring him/her back to the cross formation (not the Dragoon). The only one that may be hit by Stun Crush is Luso, if so, heal him and the Stun status and continue attacking. Luso and the Dragoon may be Countering occasionally, adding up damage.
I maintained the cross-formation for many turns, while killing the antlions for loot, and many times out-healing my party, wich made me attack more often than i needed to heal. Jump, Beat Down, and Sidewinder were causing 120+ damage, and the attack spells (Aero, Shining Wind, Air Render) 80+ damage. Which made me be able to kill Yowie whenever i saw fit.

Hope that help you guys, i found that this way the battle was too easy, even on hard mode. Good Battle!
0 0

wolf0player answered:

DS Strategy Turn-Based Fantasy
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

* Home
* Data
* FAQs
* Cheats
* Saves
* Reviews
* Images
* My Games
* Answers
* Board
* Check Prices

Question from darkkaix17
Asked: 1 year ago - Report Abuse
how do I defeat the lord of flowsand ?

status
From: supermonkeydawg 1 year ago - Report Abuse
Answer

0 0
From: deathstriker24 1 year ago - Report Abuse
Answer

0 0
From: LordBillyBlue 1 year ago - Report Abuse
Answer

0 0
From: untuxable 11 months ago - Report Abuse
Answer

0 0
From: Anoi_Harasuke 11 months ago - Report Abuse
Answer

Here's my developed strategy for defeating the Yowie, if you want to play safe [may take time to unlock
0 1

Chaos_Doom212 answered:

what i did was that i had luso as a paladin using cover on my black mage(he keeps on gettin hit by drawin), and i used my white monk, warrior and B. mage 2 hit him hard
0 0

FreakSh0w2 answered:

Even though the Law is" Actions by Nu Mous" which means that the Nu Mou species can only use basic attacks and movements, it is really easy to use a Black Mage Nu Mou. Have 2nd level magik on him, and make sure he is around lvl 20. Sit him on the ledge before the land that the Lord of Flowsand can draw you in. Have 2 people around him to guard him from the antilions, or to restore his mp. Next have a green mage put shell/protect on your other team mates. Have your Attackers go in a full barrage on him to get some damage. Make sure to have some one with the items on your team because if you do not break the Law, you WILL need the pheniox downs. But if you break the law like I did, they will be usless, but have high potions to heal up the attackers. Just use tactics and use the Magik from a safe spot so you can cause Heavy Damage.
0 0

Arkmenhah answered:

not too hard, my finisher was a lvl 12 berserkr =/ Sidewinder hunter helps, if you can get the Hades Bow. Air render and aero works nicely too.
0 0

Shaymin1795 answered:

Well, basically all I did was grind until level 20 and I ignored the two small Antlions? Anyway, I had a White Monk, Soldier, Red Mage, Black Mage and Theif.. The thing is, you'll have to break the law if you want to beat this boss... that's what I did anyway... I surrounded him and had a healer heal my attacking units. Luso had the buster sword equiped and Adelle had all her original equipment. Have Luso equip Platinum Armour and the pendant that allows you to summon Belias the Gigas.....
Just keep ttacking him...have counter because it'll help alot. My red mage had Fire and Cure (I know, sad) Anyways good luck....
0 0

FEDERATIONLOL answered:

Uhh... you lame that flowsand just like piece of cookies
you only need archer and suitable law
like sniper
cause they give a big help
and magic and a white mage
you lame man why that big roaches you can't defeat
if you want to know im a master of this game cause uhh.....
i already fight lvl 99 malboro
at first tower its secret lol
and the second tower secret too lol
0 1

RakanishuKitty answered:

Lol i broke this one. I didnt like it so i went and leveled up for like 3 weeks solid.I forgot which level i got to, but i used Luso(unchanged save for some new equipment.)a black mage, a white mage, and a gladiator,a theif(or iit was a moogle knight,),and a warrior.It was easy after i got to level 35 lol.....
0 0

John785 answered:

Okay, so you have to train non-stop until you reach about level 30.
You really need a white mage or a character with items on.
Also try to use a strong weapon w/o any abilities tied to it.
Try to use ranged attacks unless Yowie does that absorb thing that makes you angry.
Then barrage him with melee attacks, (don't use abilities(They don't do enough damage.))
If you have an ultima ability learned use that and an ether, though you probably won't.
Oh! If you are strong enough get the antilion bug things too, loot will help.
If this doesn't work then lvl. up before doing the battle.
0 0

lindle_777 answered:

do sidequests or advance in the story first (I forgot if this is a story mission)
0 1