Question from lukez70

How do I beat groudon?

Icant get past him im a torchic and partners a pikachu plz help

tficiur13 asked for clarification::

I need team stats, moves, levels ect.

By the way, that was what my team was

coza124 answered:

Your Torchic is good due to Groudon's Drought ability
But Pikachu's not going to go good. A really good idea is to recruit water-type pokemon
2 0

Answers

slyfan17 answered:

I would use sleep seeds. Reviver is necessary.If no sleep seeds, get your partner to paralyze him.Then just chip away.
1 1

LORDDRAGON1995 answered:

throw him Sleep Seeds, torchic uses fire moves nad pikacchu uses normal moves
1 1

Darkskier answered:

First: EVOLVE!!!
Then, take reviver seeds with you. If you have moves as smokescreen or agility, it helps very well. An X-eye seed is also a good choice. It has a long effect, that's why it's useful.
BTW: level?
1 5

mysterydungeon0 answered:

I would use smokescreen with Torchic, or Paralyze him with Pikachu, and if you don't have anything to do either of those... find items in Steam Cave I guess.
1 1

CharizardFire answered:

You can't evolve your Pokemon yet.

Anyway, Torchic's Fire-type attacks are very strong, thanks to Groudon's Drought ability. Pikachu's Electric-type attacks are very weak, though.
1 1

dragonhandII answered:

what they said basically, i'm going to put the most emphasis on X-eye seeds, paralyzing, and smokescreen. what moves do you know?
1 1

yoshi1000 answered:

That depends where are you there is a fake Groudon toooo.
0 4

8darkrai_ answered:

Dont bother what anyone said if ur in steam cave take x eye seeds sleep seeds or totter seeds and it depens wat pokemon u r if ur really stuck take revivers
1 1

tcmota answered:

If it's the illusion Groudon at fogbound lake, you can't evolve, but the battle can still be really easy. At the moment, I haven't yet fought the later Groudon in Shimmer Desert, so I'll help on the one at Steam Cave.
First, bring in lots of Sleep Seeds and a stun seed, perhaps. I had a huge surplus of seeds to bring in after traveling on the first few stages of the expedition. At the start of the battle, let Groudon approach (he must be next to you to use an attack, I think) and stun him! Set your partner not to attack yet and move into position. Try to stay next to Groudon, so that he won't move and screw up your formation. (This is why I don't like X-Eye Seeds so much. He might wander away and you'd have to chase him down. Not worth it on an easy battle.)
When positioned, attack! Use your strongest moves (besides electric) and make sure your Pikachu is only using that one move. Groudon will act. Use the sleep seed on him! Attack until he wakes up. He'll attack. Sleep again! Keep him asleep for most of the battle and you'll win easily. Keep some Orans just in case his occasional attacks start to rack up some serious damage.
1 0

Frutz_Warriors answered:

it's easy, my team is just the same as you

well, that might be my luck as i found like 10 revier seeds in the dungeon (it's my luck allright)

PLUS groudon got burned from torchic's ember

well, luck sure can get you out of a tough situation
0 1