How can I delete saved files?

1. Is there a way to delete a pre-existing save file from one of the three save slots in the DS version of this game? I bought a used game, and it's in good condition, but all three save slots are full. I know I can overwrite my save file onto them, but the game seems to keep a permanent record of scores for the mini-games the previous owner of this game had played. So, my point is, is there a way to delete(not overwrite, delete) save files, or better yet, completely reset/format the whole game so that it's just as good as new?

User Info: songmic

songmic - 8 years ago

1. I believe there IS a certain combination of buttons you can hold during start-up that will enable you to delete all data on the game card. Unfortunately, I don't recall what this combination is, and it may not work for all games. Failing that, no, you cannot delete the data.

User Info: netPikatron

netPikatron - 8 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. No, the only way is to overwrite them, like you said. But it shouldn't keep the scores unless you are doing New Game+.

User Info: pkdatboi

pkdatboi - 8 years ago 1 3
  2. Nope, I don't think so. Every time I start a new game, it keeps the scores from the mini-games. Unfortunately, I don't think you can change that.

User Info: DancingCalca

DancingCalca (Expert) - 8 years ago 1 0
  3. You cannot delete a save file, only overwrite them. If they really bother you, then just use them as extra save files for your own use.

User Info: MrCactuar

MrCactuar - 8 years ago 0 0
  4. Overwrite your files me thinks.

User Info: konakona14

konakona14 - 8 years ago 0 0