Review by celljr89

"Possibly the BEST ds game ever made!"

To start off I'd like to say that this is my favorite ds game so far. Although I have not finished it yet I have enough to go on for this review!

Story 7.5/10:

The story is very simple really. At the start you are going the the bloody, dark, and eerie hallways of The Ward, then you wake up and find yourself in a bed wondering why you are here. Throughout the game you see random people that you don't even know such as a little girl, and a young woman. You have nothing no flashlight or gun you are alone in this hellish hospital.

I think the gameplay is very solid for this game because it keeps you on your toes at all times, you have to write down things in your noted with the stylus, some hallways are dark and you can get scared easily (well at least I was.)

This game really pushes the DS to its limits. The backgrounds of levels are highly detailed, zombies and other creatures are very grotesque looking, and the rain, and lightning in the game looks realistic.

Sounds: 10/10

The sounds are also great for this game. The rain and lightning effects sound real, the zombies and other creatures have great eerie noises to them, and the gun sound effects are realistic

Controls: 9.5/10

The controls are really great for Dementium, but there are a few drawbacks. The good points are you use the stylus to look around and change weapons, there are two types of controls the first one you use the directional pad to move R to shoot, and L to change to last weapon used. The second type you use the buttons to move (X,Y,B,A) the R button shoots, and L changes to the last weapon used. The drawbacks are its hard to change weapons in tough situations, its hard to aim with your guns at first, and hard to turn quickly.

I give this a 10 out of 10 because it's a really good survival horror game (better than Resident Evil I think), and also because of its unique controls, great graphics, great sound effects, and great looking monsters. If you like survival horror games like Silent Hill, Doom 3, or the Resident Evil series I would recommend buy this game, but if you don't I would still give it a try because you'll love it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/09/07

Game Release: Dementium: The Ward (US, 10/26/07)