Review by Wariofanatic

"My favorite game of the series!"

Introduction: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is the fifth game in the amazing series developed and published by Square Enix. Roxas, who happens to be one of the main characters of the game first appeared in Kingdom Hearts 2 and I advise that you play both the first and second of these games, before or after this one if you haven't played them already, to avoid any confusion that the story of this game may cause. A few other characters that return in this game are Axel, another one of the main characters, Namine and all of organization 13. I sincerely hope that you decide to get this game and when you do I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Game play: Like all of the other games of the series it's a basic hack and slash, with the main weapon as your keyblade and the ability to use Magic. However, with this particular game they give you the panel section where you can customize your sets, which will give you the ability to strengthen your keyblade, give yourself more magic or even upgrade it, add items to replenish your health and/or magic and many more things. They also added the ability to play with up to 3 friends as long as each of the 3 friends has their own copy of the game. In this mode you can do any mission of the story and you have the choice of choosing certain characters throughout the game who you are normally not allowed to use.

Story: Like most of the series the game starts out pretty slow, but it quickly starts to get better turning it into one of the best story lines in the entire series. It is set primarily between Kingdom Hearts1 and Kingdom Hearts 2, revolving around Roxas, Axel and No. XIII who is the newest and most mysterious member of the organization. The organization itself is led by Xemnas who's main goal is the restoration of "Kingdom Hearts", however, he must collect hearts to do this and Roxas is the only one capable of doing this and the only way he can do this is to explore many new worlds in which he will meet many new friends and enemies starting from Twilight Town and all the way to Never Land!

Graphics/Music: The quality of the graphics for this game are simply amazing! Especially when you consider that this game is for the Nintendo DS, which is not as powerful as some of the other gaming consoles which some of the other games of the series have been on, but it still manages to keep up with them in terms of quality. I also must say that the music for this game is quite special. My personal favorite of the game is "Sanctuary", which was greatly done by Hikaru Utada and is displayed at both the beginning and the ending credits of the game.

Overall: Overall, I give this game a 10/10 for a perfect mix of game play and an amazing story, which is extremely hard to find in games now. After playing this game I am looking forward to the next entries in the series and sincerely hope that they turn out as well as this game did.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/26/11

Game Release: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (US, 09/29/09)