Review by Retribution999

"I don't regret getting this game..."

My friend bought this game for me on my birthday, so I have no regrets for this game. But I still found this game to be the worst Pokemon game besides Pokemon Snap. The gameplay really didn't entertain too well, and many improvements could be made. But I must say it was worth all the time I put into it.

Graphics: 10/10 Really couldn't ask for anything better. Most things were very detailed, and realistic, even if you didn't take the time to study it.

Sounds, Music: 9/10 As usual, Pokemon puts in very good soundtracks that really fit towards the current mood as to what is happening. There were a few disturbances though, I had to admit all the cries of Pokemon running away irritated me.

Storyline, Plot: 6/10 Everything fits, and there is a slight event that links one mission to another, but there really isn't any detailed plots. A little too much tries at comedy kind of ruined the laugh too...

Gameplay: 5/10 It really wasn't what I expected from this game. Drawing endless loops around Pokemon just didn't seem to be too interesting. But it is easy to get engrossed in a certain capture. Missions could range from a piece of cake to one that makes your brain nearly explode. Lots of leads and tips really didn't help much. It got rather annoying.

Difficulty: 5/10 Most of the normal Pokemon captures were very simple, but some of the bosses were way overpowered and it sometimes depended on luck on whether you would be able to capture it or not.

Extras: 3/10 Manaphy isn't that strong of a Pokemon, and I have no wish to walk around endlessly to wait for it to hatch. Riolu is already obtainable in Diamond and Pearl. Plus, most of the special events usually require you beat the game, and I really don't think it's worth it.

Replay Value: 2/10 Like all Pokemon games, most people would get bored playing the game again after you beat it. You could try going different paths, different decisions, quests, Pokemon, but at the end everything was the same. Plus, by the time you finish the game the first time, you have basically all the skills mastered and you will breeze.

Overall Score: 7/10 One thing I'm going to say. If your a Pokemon fan, you should definitely try out this game. You won't be disappointed. All I'm saying is, there is definitely room for improvement.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 12/26/08

Game Release: Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia (US, 11/10/08)