Review by Sino06

"This game has many high points."

Like most reviewers, I base my review score on a set of categories. The categories I use are the following: Graphics, Music, Plot, Difficulty, and Extras. Each of these is given an individual rating which are averaged at the end.

Graphics: 8/10. I rated this category with 8. I chose to do so because, for a handheld system, the graphics were better then many games I played. One of the few games that get close to the actual 3D graphics that the DS tried to accomplish.

Music: 9/10. I rated this category with 9. I chose to do so because it felt as if all the music that they used fit with the situation that you were in. However, when I fought the boss Pokemon, they seemed to use the same music as when fighting other Pokemon. The only time they did not was when you fight Darkrai.

Plot: 10/10. I rated this category with 10. I chose to do so because the plot made sense and had a good amount of suspense. While you do not normally hear of a plot like the one they used, it was easy to follow and you always knew what you needed to do and what was going on in the story.

Difficulty: 6/10. I rated this category with 6. I chose to do so because most of the time I did not really have a challenge with capturing the Pokemon. However, there are a couple boss Pokemon that gave more of a challenge. And yet, with a small amount of extra training, the game is not that difficult.

Extras: 9/10. I rated this category with 9. Besides the regular storyline and plot of the game, there are quite a few other things you can do. For example, throughout the game you are allowed to go on "quests" that are given to you by citizens. Apart from that, there is the universal challenge for any Pokemon game. Capturing every Pokemon there is in the game. Also, using the Nintendo Wi-Fi compatibility, you are able to gain special missions.

Overall: Average rating of 8.4 out of 10. This gives the game an overall rating of 8/10. I would recommend purchasing this game, especially if you liked the first ranger game. Thank you for reading this review and I hope you share my opinions with others and do not rant about anything I said. Please read other reviews I wrote.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/05/09

Game Release: Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia (US, 11/10/08)