Review by bookwormDS1987

"Wusses take note: Theresia is here"

I never play horror games, in fact I hate them! I had a bad experience with the Resident Evil game for DS(Long story short, zombie grabbed my leg and I screamed in a crowded computer lounge while classes were going on around me at Kent State University Tuscararwas!) but I love horror movies and books. So why am I reviewing a horror game? Because unlike Resident Evil DS Theresia is one of those games that makes you enjoy being scared!
I first heard of this game from Fangoria Magazine (who gave it its second highest rating 3 out of four skulls) which said it was an import and it brought a David Lynch sort of quality to the survival horror genre. I didn't think much of it until I read that the game was a throwback to the text adventure games of the 1980's. Now I don't know about you, but those kind of games are my favorite type to play and when I saw it at my local mall's game store(not saying which one because all game stores are equal in my mind) I gladly showed the clerk my ID and forked over the cash!.

This game's plot is simple, you wake up in a room and you have to escape. But once you escape the horror begins. Bugs, crucified corpses, blood drops that move on their own, and constant and recurring memories that lead you further into the laybyrinth that will shatter your soul and leave you begging for your mommy.

This is what horror is all about folks, everything from the music to the imagery will leave you tense and scared making you worried about opening that door or touching that book in every corridor and library. This game makes you afraid, really, really afriaid. Every dark space in your house will make you shiver by the time you start realy getting into this game, yes friends this is not a game for those of us who scare easily! You will be forced to close your eyes, turn down the volume on your DS(I know I did in the pantry) but whatever you do don't give up, the game is definitely worth the almost thirty dollar price.

So if you want to enjoy an ultimate experience in sheer, nightmarish terror, then give Theresia a try but be warned, once you enter the labyrinth you may never get out with your mind or your body intact!

Sweet dreams DS faithfull!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/05/09

Game Release: Theresia (US, 10/30/08)