How do I get my Wurmple to evolve into a Silcoon instead of a Cascoon?

1. I raised four Wurmples and they all evolved into Cascoons.

User Info: a_fartn_Spartan

a_fartn_Spartan - 6 years ago

1. Any given Wurmple's Evolution is already set once caught/hatched. This is based on the Personality Value, a hidden number from 0-9 that makes Wurmple Evolve into Silcoon (from 0-4) or Cascoon (from 5-9).

Either continue to catch/hatch and train Wurmple (catching them at Route 204 is recommended because they will only take 19 Experience to Evolve as opposed to 49 when hatched from an Egg) or just catch a Cascoon (if you're not breeding for them, Route 205 (North) or Eterna Forest have them). A Synchronize Ability Pokemon can help get the Nature you want for Wild Cascoon. The Synchronize Pokemon's Nature must match the one you want Cascoon to have (even then, you only have a 50% chance of that Nature).

User Info: Kraleck

Kraleck (Expert) - 6 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. It depends on its personality value.
    Personality value is absolutely random, and nothing can influence it, so hope it evolves into a silcoon. You'll get it sooner or later

User Info: gandalfail

gandalfail - 6 years ago 1 0
  2. I heard it had something to do with day/night. Silcoon (day) Cascoon (night). But I guess it has something to do with a personality thing that these guys are talking about...

User Info: DarthD302

DarthD302 - 6 years ago 0 1