Question from jjrcline

Helpful pokemon for Elite Four?

My pokemon, when i face the Elite Four are going to be: Rampardos, Abomasnow, Floatzel, Gengar, and Lucario.

If anyone has any suggestions they will be greatly appreciated. For example some things that would help would be an ultimate pokemon team for the elite four(with or without moves) or a list of pokemon that would be helpful(again with or without moves) like in ruby/sapphire game guide and also any pros/cons of my team anything i can do to gain strength, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

jjrcline provided additional details:

I have done my own extensive research, and don't think I'm lying because I have looked at all the pokemon of the Elite Four looked at all their weaknesses etc. if u want to go in to detail ask but i don't want to bore you to death now.

Plain and simple my pokemon are going to be: Luxray, Gyarados, Gengar, Infernape, and Abomasnow

delldelldelldel asked for clarification:

What is your starter?

andibad asked for clarification:

This condition no sure can easy answered. You can select you mind and you like. My poke is no high lv, no good move ,no ar cheat can beat she. Oke my empeleon lv 51 alone with giratina for heal and rest for empeleon. I have 6 but empeleon only can beat all e4 and chytia.

andibad asked for clarification:

Yes. First to win in pokemon leaguage is hard. Now my new team added is
empeleon lv100 lapras lv76
shymin lv75
lucario lv70
rapidash lv80 .and have more moves than before. I not use any cheat. I have rare candy 6 found in all sinnoh. I wanted meganium and cresselia, please tell me get this pokemon

andibad asked for clarification:

Ha ha ha ha . .
ok
my team beat ef and chytia in first:
empoleon lv 51
giratina lv 47
rapidash lv 42
roselia lv 35
riolu lv 20
noctowl lv 15

is can win i used
2 herbal revival
1 hyper potion
4 momo milk.
sorry i not anwered because i playing this game is first in my dsi. Ok cresselia i found she with marking map. .

andibad asked for clarification:

Gyarados is can beat your empoleon. For higher lv gyarados you can used super rod but this key item found after you beat chytia . My poke no long training for can win but quick train is very useful
for you poke is good but you must can win . Why . . . you poke good than me!
i not use hack , ar code. ! ! ! !

BigCaseyDog answered:

Well, My Winning Team Was (All Lv. 55+)(None of these were hacked):
Blastoise
Charizard
Meganium
Staraptor
Giratina
Rhydon

Note: The GBA Pokemon could be replaced by the sinnoh starters, or Rapidash for Charizard, Roserade for Meganium, and Floatzel for Blastoise.
2 0

Answers

Daishi5150 answered:

In general, I've found that Gyarados is a great choice for the Elite Four: item spam it long enough for it to Dragon Dance a few times and you'll easily roll through any of the Elite 4.

It depends on how much effort you want to put into it, really. If you're willing to grind to level 50+ then there's really nothing wrong with the team you have (although Abomasnow might be more of a hindrance than help: that Hail damage is going to add up on your Pokemon over five consecutive battles), but if you want to do it as soon as you leave Victory Road you'll want to bring Pokemon who can easily boost their attack and/or speed, since having your stats multiplied by three or four will overshadow any level disadvantage.
3 7

symbiotelover answered:

i alway get abra in a trade at oreburgh and raise him to lv 80 and infernape 45 and i let my other pokemon stay the way they are and it worked in diomond so im betting it will work on platinum so go get machop and trade for abra with the girl and make him the strongest and the trade back and forth with a friend to get it to alakazam then your shure to win make him learn PSYCHIC_ PSYCHO CUT_PSYBEAM_SHADOW BALL OR FIRE PUNCH
2 6

symbiotelover answered:

JJRCLiNE WAIT i just beat the elite four only with lvl 83 kadabra no other pokemon
2 5

indianboy203308 answered:

Another great choice, in my opinion, is Empoleon, if you can somehow can your hands on one.
Give it moves like Ice Beam, Surf, Drill Peck, and Earthquake and it'll do an excellent job.
Also, if you're willing to take the time to get a Ralts or Kirlia, and evolve it into either Gallade or Gardevoir, either one is really helpful because they both have very diverse movesets.
1 7

She_Was_18 answered:

I have a two man team just downed elite four easy with 3 revives and 20 hyper potions

Torterra - 65 - Leaf Storm, Rock Slide, Crunch, Razor Leaf

Bibarel - 63 - Headbutt, Super Fang, Surf, Waterfall

Only problems I had were on Cynthia's Garchomp with Earthquake and Flamethrower and her Lucario with Aura Sphere
1 5

therealjamez answered:

you should have a 6TH pokemon. for you, i would reccomend porygon-z or a good fighting-type.
2 4

king_of_tactics answered:

Get a blazeken mine i traded to myself and it was 23 at gym 2 by E4 it was 80
1 2

NetSoloz answered:

If you really want to beat the Elite Four, I suggest you get a Gengar or Azelf ( I got both)
2 4

joekidme answered:

Go with a torterra you will have a easy time with 2 of them mack shore you tech it razer leaf foer the 2 one and eartquake fore the 3 one.
1 4

xDoublexJx answered:

Torterra, Magmortar, Electivire, Lucario, Gengar and Blastoise. s'all you need.
1 4

vinster800 answered:

Yo dude my team was a luxray lvl 47 rhydon lvl 47 staraptorlvl lvl 50 lucario lvl 52 empoleon lvl 52 giratina lvl 55
i beat cynthia by my staraptor using brave bird on her roserade. then luxray thunder and spark on milotic. rhydon rock slide and rollout on togekiss. spiritomb i used lucario and poison jab then dragon pulse to knock her out. then i used empoleon's earthquake to kill lucario but i almost fainted because he used aura sphere but luckily i survived.then giratina was knocked out by garchomps dragon claw. but i did not attack when giratina was up i took that time to heal empoleon. then sent out empoleon he used earthquake but that took out only half my hp wierd huh then i used blizzard to win. hope this helps!
2 0

wavemasta170 answered:

Infernape is a good choice because he can take out the bug and ground trainers with ease since he is a fire and fighting pokemon. make sure his speed, attack and sp. attack are up and he can be about lvl 60. also like the guy abov me said. use empoleon, i used both of them along with my garchomp and i blew thru them pretty easily and won on my 1st time. also infernape is quite helpful against cymthia nad garchomp can ko he garchomp with ease if its around lvl 55 like mine was. a ghost pokemon like giratina is also very helpful since most moves are not very effective against him and he has great defense. those four will help u a whole lot man. they did it 4 me.
2 0

cimarronboy answered:

Try your starter, a luxray (item: magnet, attacks: thunder, thunderbolt, thunder fang, and shockwave), a staraptor (item: sharp beak (if you have one), attacks: fly, arial ace, steel wing, and wing attack), Giratina (item: none (can't get griseous orb before league), attacks: dragon claw, shadow claw, shadow force, and draco meteor). Make sure you have plenty of max potions, full restores, and revives (when buying check maximium that could be purchased and divide by three, then when two items to buy divide by half and buy what you can of what item you didn't buy.). The league types are as follows: bug, ground, fire, psychic. Ground user has whiscash so b ecareful with luxray. Champion cynthia has: spiritomb, milotic, garchomp, roserade, togekiss, and lucario. The league is tough so good luck.
2 0

mercenary666666 answered:

A good team can be any wide range of pokemon. it is good to have at least 2 different types.
1 1

honorguard88 answered:

any pokemons will do, just make sure they are above level 60 and dont use legendaries :P
1 3

Death_Ragnell answered:

Okay the people on top always recommend high level pokemon. That is not necessary.
I beat it with an average level of 56 pokemon.
I had Infernape: Flame Wheel, Solar Beam, Shadow Claw and Focus Blast (Fist Plate equipped)
Luxray: Strength, Thunder Fang, Thunder and Crunch (Mangnet Equipped)
Empoleon; Ice Beam, Drill Peck, Surf, and Steel Wing (NeverMelt Ice equipped)
Garchomp: Aerial Ace. Dragon Claw, Dig and Crunch (Dragon Fang equipped)
Girantina; Ancient Power, Psychic, Dragon Claw and Shadow Force (griseous orb)
Staraptor: Close Combat, Fly, Brave Bird and Endevour ( Quick Claw equipped)

Have at least 20 revives ( i used 10) and 25 super potions. Make sure all pokemon mention above are over lvl 53 or else you will have no chance. Now Staraptor's endevour is actually very useful cause when you have a very low number of hp left and so does the opposing pokemon the elite's will use a full restore. You can take advantage of this by using endevour.

Take it from a guy who finished the game in 25h. If you don;t have empoleon you can always replace it with garyados With surf, ice fang or ice beam hydropump and dragon dance.
1 3

discombobulates answered:

It's quite easy to run through the league with Garchomp and Lucario in the mid 50's provided you EV them and bring something to heal after the fight. You starter should be overleved and Azelf and Giratina help too if you don't mind using legends
1 3

shrooboid313 answered:

Infernape -- Flamethrower, Flamewheel, Close Combat, Strength
Roserade -- Petal Dance, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Toxic

I made it through with just these 2.
1 1

hjonx answered:

Use 6 obviously a lil higher leveled than the four and different types
1 1

azrethoc97 answered:

Use a lucarario (high level one), or just use lots of high level pokemon.
1 1

chimer_crisis answered:

once you learn about EV training then there wont be anyone in game before your battle frointier that you cant beat
1 1

Garuda_cyborg answered:

There are alot of answers in here that are just crap. You don't need specific Pokemon, just look for common weaknesses and which stats are their best (ie attack moves like Waterfall for Gyarados, Special Moves like Psychic for Alakazam)

If you really need help, these are who I recomend:

Machamp - No Guard - Dynamic Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Stone Edge/Earthquake
Torterra - Wood Hammer, Earthquake, Crunch, Curse
Alakazam - Psychic, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast
Rhyperior - Hammer Arm, Earthquake, Megahorn, Stone Edge
Magmortar - Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Sunny Day, Thunderbolt
Gyarados - Ice Fang, Crunch, Waterfall, Dragon Dance

But any team will work well, except Luvdisc teams.
2 0

techfreak1234 answered:

here is a good balanced team i use. each have their strengths and weaknesses. but remember, no one pokemon is the best because the champion uses a mixed team.

empoleon-PHYSICAL SWEEPER-waterfall, steel wing, avalanche(garchomp)/drill peck(no staraptor), swords dance
gardevior-SPECIAL SWEEPER-psychic, energy ball, hypnosis, calm mind
rotom-SPECIAL/ANNOYER/STATUS-thunderbolt, shadow ball, 2 of following: charge/confuse ray/thunderwave
houndoom-SPECIAL SWEEPER-flamethrower, dark pulse, will o wisp, nasty plot
giratina-UBER/GREAT WALL-shadow force, draaaagon claw, earthquake, aura sphere
starpator-PHYSICAL SWEEPER-close combat, aerial ace, roost, braaaaaaaveeee bird!

feel free to add or remove pokemon to this time. for example it might be hard to catch azelf earlier on, but by all means, you should add him to your team.

azelf-SPECIAL SWEEPING-nasty plot, psychic, energy ball/grass kno, extrasensory
this isn't that great, but spend money to buy psychic and slap any TM you want on azelf that is a specail move

NOTE: without a cheat or assistance from a friend, you cannot get energy ball/ will o wisp at this point. replace energy ball with grass knot and will o wisp with something else.

hope this helps!
2 0

techfreak1234 answered:

o ya definetly blow out money on revives and hyper potions once you finish buying TMS from the department store/arcade. also, if u have trouble with levels, then equip ur first poekmon with the amulet coin to earn money and exp share to ur lower level pokemon/legendary. thfis is the strategy i used in ruby to get more levels. don't worry about your fainted pokemon, just train the others. Once you feel confident, then use the moeny u earned to buy health items and TMs, also DONT WASTE HEALLING ITEMS WHEN TRAINING WITH ELITE FOUR. this might be different in platinum because in ruby, you dind't lose moeny for losing to a trainer. srry for spell errors, i speed typed trhis
1 1

jwolfe340 answered:

My team of two was beautifly level 70-80 and piplup level 70-80. I found it a bit difficult at first, but then after flint, I evolved piplup. The movesets were Beautifly: bug buzz, shadow ball, giga drain, and aerial ace Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon: hydro pump, surf, blizzard, drill peck. It took a couple of tries, but I beat it.
1 1

Cyndaquil96 answered:

I personallly used Torterra, lucario, electivire, magmortar,giratina, and gallade. I beat the 4 with no problems at all (lvs 65 0n all of them)
1 1

ThaAzureTaihaku answered:

i took in my lvl 100 Blazeken.
100 Blastoise
94 Lucario
an as a ringer a 24 Pikachu

hahaha my Blazeken did ALL tha work though
1 1

CursedUchiha2 answered:

The team i win the elite four is
staraptor
gyarados
infernape
luxray
roserade
garchomp
all less den lv 51
1 0

andibad answered:

Sorry for many false spell. In this game i not lose every battle for save money up to 678920 and i buy usefully item. And like explorer secret room. My answer is true! !. But you chosen other good answer for corection.

i found many kinds stone more than 1 like 2.

no lose
save you money

good luck for win.
0 0

TheOrangeJacket answered:

you should use a empoleon because it has such good resistances and Sp.Atk
0 0

andibad answered:

Your pokemon is Luxray, Gyarados, Gengar, Infernape, and Abomasnow , is great and i tested your pokemon in my team, is great job in all lv 55 or less (but not all). is great and i can beat again cyntia and EF is again, but is no same sutiation.

no lose
save you money

good luck for win.
0 0

Sn0oze answered:

omg... Some of you please learn your English... I've got a headache
My team is quite simple:

Mamoswine
Empoleon
Gallade
Leafeon
Magnezone
Togekiss

I chose them for no apparent reason...
(Well, cuz i liked them[I didn't like Mamoswine though, I needed her Earthquake])

I stocked up 30 Revival Herbs (Hehe... My Pokemon must be hating me) and 30 Energy Roots
Pwn them with their weaknesses... and be CAREFUL of Flint's Magmortar... His Houndoom will Sunny Day and Magmortar will use Solarbeam (and he has Thunderbolt too)
0 0

andibad answered:

Sorry . . . . .
for my bad english . .
but i playing this game no bad! ! !
do not waste item and money.
sn0oze is waste a item!! What he used cheat? Revival herb is no cheap? 20 x 2000 is 40000. In game me used less than 4. Strategy is very important.

sorry my bad english because every day me no used speak english. used cheat is !gomi!. . .
0 0

pukamon answered:

Use palkia,diagla,giratina,empoleon,uxie and mew
0 0